Swfc V Wigan

Just seen the disallowed goal, can't believe lino gave that, should of been a goal for Fletcher. What I've heard not a great game but a wins a win. 

A wIn is a win even though wigan made it hard work for us.  We now have ten days to work on GM,s  tactics before going to Cardiff to see what NW  has up his sleeve for us. Three points of top spot  and with a bit of luck could now be out in front,  

Crazy league table at the moment. We've not blown anyone away (apart from Boro) but look quite solid. Just need a bit more of a goal threat. Maybe that's where Forestieri comes in 

4 hours ago, ALAN 58 said:

A wIn is a win even though wigan made it hard work for us.  We now have ten days to work on GM,s  tactics before going to Cardiff to see what NW  has up his sleeve for us. Three points of top spot  and with a bit of luck could now be out in front,  

Mr Warnock is moaning at the EFL about having to play on the Friday night because some of their players will not be back from international duty till Thursday afternoon. He says it is scandalous because they had to play a Friday night after the last International break and it is out of order they have to play Friday night again after an International break . This is what happens when TV companies who plough money into the game decide which matches they want to show, the EFL will let them pick which ever matches they want. 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/its-scandalous-cardiff-city-boss-17031483

Edited by iansheff

It looked to me like Fletcher was borderline offside when Reach shot. Whether he was active, and different phases of play etc, who knows

19 hours ago, iansheff said:

Mr Warnock is moaning at the EFL about having to play on the Friday night because some of their players will not be back from international duty till Thursday afternoon. He says it is scandalous because they had to play a Friday night after the last International break and it is out of order they have to play Friday night again after an International break . This is what happens when TV companies who plough money into the game decide which matches they want to show, the EFL will let them pick which ever matches they want. 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/its-scandalous-cardiff-city-boss-17031483

Warnock is always moaning about something.  It's about time he packed it in isn't it?  He must have made enough money out of it by now?  I think he just likes the attention it gets him.

5 hours ago, redbig said:

It looked to me like Fletcher was borderline offside when Reach shot. Whether he was active, and different phases of play etc, who knows

In that case I guess it's how strict we want refs to be with offsides. It's rediculous with the VAR how close they are giving offside, if it takes minutes to decide if they are or aren't the goal should stand, bonus of not having it in championship at least and Fletcher's didn't cost us any points at least

1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

In that case I guess it's how strict we want refs to be with offsides. It's rediculous with the VAR how close they are giving offside, if it takes minutes to decide if they are or aren't the goal should stand, bonus of not having it in championship at least and Fletcher's didn't cost us any points at least

If they are going to use the awful VAR then change the rule so that the whole of the attackers body has to be beyond the last defender, these millimeter decisions are ridiculous.

35 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

If they are going to use the awful VAR then change the rule so that the whole of the attackers body has to be beyond the last defender, these millimeter decisions are ridiculous.

My thought was there should be dayilght between attacker and defender, similar thing. At the end of the day its  the officials opinion we,er all humans and make mistakes. When they go for us it,s alright when they go against us  we don,t like it.  Although it can be costly.

On 07/10/2019 at 16:52, cmonkes said:

As I have said with United on many occasion, in order to gain promotion from this division, you need to win games when you aren't particularly at your best. If you continue to pluck points from here, there and everywhere, you will achieve a top 6 finish.

Consistent performances need to be found in the second half of the season, but the run in to Christmas is all about positioning yourself in a place in which you can kick on. This is what you lot seem to be doing at the minute so fair play, how long it lasts is yet to be seen. 

I'll be very surprised if by Xmas we're still 3 points off top or better. I'm not convinced against the better teams we can compete but I hope they can prove me wrong

On 06/10/2019 at 10:08, ALAN 58 said:

If Wednesday have aspirations for automatic promotion they'll have to buck up. The Blades only lost 9 games  last season and Wednesday have already  lost 4 and it's only 11 games in 

22 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

If Wednesday have aspirations for automatic promotion they'll have to buck up. The Blades only lost 9 games  last season and Wednesday have already  lost 4 and it's only 11 games in 

But so far there doesn't look to be any run away winners, whereas last season the blades and Norwich pulled away