Fletcher

Bannan

Borner

Reach

Luongo

Odubajo

Iorfa

Subs:

Dawson, Fox, Lee, Winnall, Thorniley, Murphy, Nuhiu.

Edited by iansheff

4 hours ago, iansheff said:

Today’s line up against Wigan.

Westwood

Palmer

Harris

Pelupessy

Fletcher

Bannan

Borner

Reach

Luongo

Odubajo

Iorfa

Subs:

Dawson, Fox, Lee, Winnall, Thorniley, Murphy, Nuhiu.

1.0 win which but doesn't really reflect how one sided it was ,but why do teams come & chuck themselves on the floor too cheat 🤔.

3 points no goals conceded got to be slightley happy WAWAW. 

Edited by owl.66

A scrappy 1-0 win (that should have been 2 if not for a very dubious offside decision)  I'm not happy with playing 1 upfront as we should be going for teams at home, lets hope if doesn't come down to Goal difference at the end of the season.

A steady start to the season and we could go top with a win against Cardiff in our next game, it's that tight!

Good result for Wednesday, they generally have no problem putting the lesser sides to bed. 

Looking good another win, maybe playoffs this season? 

We watched two poor teams today. A win's a win and I'm glad we're getting the ball forward quicker (sorry, Hotmale) but we're a long way from being a promotion winning side. Fletcher deserved the goal that was chalked off for the shift he put in. All in all, not very impressive and I'm still smarting from the Hull defeat but at least my weekend wasn't spoilt.

2 hours ago, speedy69 said:

A scrappy 1-0 win (that should have been 2 if not for a very dubious offside decision)  I'm not happy with playing 1 upfront as we should be going for teams at home, lets hope if doesn't come down to Goal difference at the end of the season.

A steady start to the season and we could go top with a win against Cardiff in our next game, it's that tight!

Theoretically your correct Speedy, 6pts separate the top 12 teams. can see why some posters prefer the Championship to the Prem.

Impossible to predict results.

3 hours ago, Moistened said:

Good result for Wednesday, they generally have no problem putting the lesser sides to bed. 

😁😁😁 love this response, are they no lesser teams in the prem & bottom of the league who some can't beat.😉

29 minutes ago, owl.66 said:

😁😁😁 love this response, are they no lesser teams in the prem & bottom of the league who some can't beat.😉

Agree, we should have been looking to win that one, although it's a better point for us than it is for Watford. 

Making fun out of a draw away in the Premier League that keeps us in 12th is still quite the reach though for a fan of a Championship club! 😂 

What a dismal game that was,wigan showed zero ambition,tried to hit us on the counter,and just got bodies behind the ball,untill they went behind,kind of game we used to lose or draw not long ago,so Il take the scruffy win.

We got yet another weak official,Lee Mason? absolute tool all game,with some really poor decisions,the worst being an obvious handball at a throw in,which he evened up by giving us a throw when it was quite blatently wigans throw in,he books Odubajo,for a foul and Windass  right under his nose pushes him to the floor and gets nowt?

Not a fan of the 4141 set up,we need two strikers at home,be good to have FF available for our next game,Cardiff,this win keeps us in the mix but weve yet to look convincing,the first 45 at Boro  apart

10 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

We watched two poor teams today. A win's a win and I'm glad we're getting the ball forward quicker (sorry, Hotmale) 

I didn't go, but again, it appears to be 'a bit poor'.

I've nowt against getting the ball forward quicker Jim, but on the floor impressively, rather than bypassing the midfield. 

We won though, so that'll do for me.

43 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I didn't go, but again, it appears to be 'a bit poor'.

I've nowt against getting the ball forward quicker Jim, but on the floor impressively, rather than bypassing the midfield. 

We won though, so that'll do for me.

I though we played some decent stuff today, the move that led to Bannan hitting the crossbar was a good example, the problem was we were faced with WA’s ten man defence virtually the whole game, decent win in the circumstances, don’t think I’ve ever seen a good game against these.