Song That Means A Lot To You

Hi,

What kind of song when you hear it means a lot to you and why?

For me it is My Valentine which means a lot to me.

Valentine's Day 2014 was one of my sad days. Because that was the day I never saw the woman I wanted. She's already migrated abroad. And now she's getting married.

Being with you

Number one the day I met my other half and lyrics saying how friends and family disapprove.

We are still together

42 minutes ago, jane2008 said:

Being with you

Number one the day I met my other half and lyrics saying how friends and family disapprove.

We are still together

Was that song by Jimmy Crawford and the Ravens ?

1 hour ago, St Petre said:

Was that song by Jimmy Crawford and the Ravens ?

No, it was by Smokey Robinson who was having a bit of a resurgence around 1980/81. 

The only hit I recall from Jimmy Crawford was in the 60's and it was not a number one, far fom it

I Love How You Love Me was the title, I think Billy Fury recorded it later on too.

Edited by Ontarian1981

4 hours ago, jane2008 said:

Being with you

We are still together

Same with me Jane, I met my wife, (Jane) when she was 17 and I was almost  30 and alone with 3 kids under6. You can imagine the chit chat eh? Around that time (1974 ) there was a big hit song called "You Make Me Feel Brand New"' After much early dissent from family and friends, we are still together and coming up to our 43rd wedding anniversary.

Edited by Ontarian1981

2 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Same with me Jane, I met my wife, (Jane) when she was 17 and I was almost  30 and alone with 3 kids under6. You can imagine the chit chat eh? Around that time (1974 ) there was a big hit song called "You Make Me Feel Brand New"' After much early dissent from family and friends, we are still together and coming up to our 43rd wedding anniversary.

That's a lovely story! Congratulations!

“ Thats Life” sung by FrankSinatra

After many turbulent times in my life, this song gets me through it all.!

The first time I met my wife as a teenager (17) in the sixties.. I was trying to chat her up, without much success... when I found out she was Billy Fury mad.. always used to look through the cinema guide in the Star, when I remembered Billy Fury was on at the Hippodrome , so I played my ace card and asked her if she would like to go, she said yes.. Thank you Billy Fury for all the many years of happiness you brought me..

Whenever I hear a Billy Fury record now, I shed a tear.. RIP Mrs Pads.

13 hours ago, pattricia said:

“ Thats Life” sung by FrankSinatra

After many turbulent times in my life, this song gets me through it all.!

I love this song, any idea who wrote it ?

8 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

I love this song, any idea who wrote it ?

Dean Kay and Kelly Gordon.

19 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

That's lovely Ontarian

'Soma' by Smashing Pumpkins.

During a period in my life when I was suffering from a pitch black depression that came very close to the edge of what I could live with, this song for some reason resonated with me in a way that helped to keep me from going over that edge. It's a bit counterintuitive because the song is pretty dark and somewhat depressing in tone and lyrics but in my messed-up depression I empathised with the lyrics in the first, quiet half of the song such as "I'm all by myself, as I've always felt"  and " One last kiss for me, yeah. One last kiss good night" but then the song erupts into life midway through and has an excellent guitar solo that just stirs the emotions and my mind translated the transition as a refusal to give in to the dark thoughts going through my head, a violent rejection of what they were telling me to do. It helped me keep it together until I recovered my mental health.

Also, regardless of all that deep stuff it really is an excellent song with an all-time classic guitar solo.

Ok, a happier one. 'Alright' by Supergrass.

I don't even particularly like this song but I have a strong memory associated with it of being 17 years old in Berlins, getting drunk on £1 a bottle booze with my mates from college and then this song was played and we all started holding on to each other, laughing, dancing and singing along like the drunken teenage loons we were. I just remember feeling incredibly happy and carefree at that moment.

Edited by Funky_Gibbon