Sign in to follow this  

Anyone Used A Super Tooth Buddy As Speaker For Google Maps Voice?

I have started using google maps on an S5 android phone instead of sat nav when in the car. It  works fine, but I wanted the map instructions /voice to be relayed to my Super tooth buddy via blue tooth as a speaker.

There is no problem with phone calls coming through from the phone to the super tooth buddy. I have been in to settings of google maps (see 2nd screen shot link) but still no joy with google maps voice coming through super tooth buddy as a speaker.

The STB provides a much louder volume than phone.

https://ibb.co/pZWJPsJ
----------------------------------------------------------------
Screen shot of settings in google maps, android phone.

https://ibb.co/k9xKCgs

The STB is connected/paired up with the phone ok via blue tooth.

There are some vid clips for super tooth buddy on YT but not got a fix from the couple I`ve watched thus far.

Edited by Janus

A bit of a guess but I seem to remember having a similar issue and it turned out to be what the bluetooth sent from the phone. Like you the phone calls were ok but I also had to enable music/audio to hear the voice from maps.

Might be worth looking at the connection properties for the super tooth buddy on your phone.

No it's an older car.