Flood Alerts Sheffield Autumn 2019

Also there are temp traffic lights in Coal Aston and the lights are not working (been like it a few days) so that’s causing extra chaos 🙈, also not see a bloke in a high vis for days so nowt going on to improve the situation 

Am not one for overreacting to bad weather but Meadowhall should be held to account here the issues were growing from the morning and with the forecast for continued rain all day and evening it was highly likely that theses problems would worsen and cause serious travel issues in the evening so why were they so late to cancel the event?

20 minutes ago, Fudbeer said:

Am not one for overreacting to bad weather but Meadowhall should be held to account here the issues were growing from the morning and with the forecast for continued rain all day and evening it was highly likely that theses problems would worsen and cause serious travel issues in the evening so why were they so late to cancel the event?

To paraphrase Jacob Rees Mogg, why didn't people use some common sense & make their own decisions & stay at home instead of going to the event?

1 hour ago, Mrspittthree said:

Bochum parkway from jordanthorpe parkway roundabout to light wood roundabout was still closed at 9am

I believe this was due a traffic accident

1 hour ago, Fudbeer said:

My guess is that Meadowhall were hoping the event would still go ahead, purely for commercial reasons I suppose, I believe there was a statement from Meadowhall earlier yesterday afternoon, that the event was still going ahead despite the continuing weather and flood concerns, I'm sure it also stated the acts had already arrived and everything was ready and in place.

On another note, it still amazes me how many drivers still go and plough their cars through deep water thinking it will be fine ….. bizarre !

friend of mine got stuck for 2/12 hours going down to Wickes from Walkley. Seems an amber warning  is not quite enough for some.

Still plenty of thoughtless or malicious drivers ploughing through major puddles at speed and soaking pedestrians in the process.One pick up truck  in particular driving up past Dam Flask engulfed a bloke attending to a stranded car at the roadside.

As I said brainless or deliberate.

13 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Still plenty of thoughtless or malicious drivers ploughing through major puddles at speed and soaking pedestrians in the process.One pick up truck  in particular driving up past Dam Flask engulfed a bloke attending to a stranded car at the roadside.

As I said brainless or deliberate.

Should have reported it. It’s classed as driving without due care and attention which carries points and a fine if you got reg number 

1 hour ago, WalkleyIan said:

friend of mine got stuck for 2/12 hours going down to Wickes from Walkley. Seems an amber warning  is not quite enough for some.

Some people have to learn the hard way I suppose 

1 hour ago, WalkleyIan said:

How bad does it have to get for a red warning? Yesterday surely called fora  higher level of caution than amber implies.

3 minutes ago, 1978 said:

How bad does it have to get for a red warning? Yesterday surely called fora  higher level of caution than amber implies.

There were red warnings for the low lying areas below Walkley, but not in Walkley itself.

3 hours ago, Fudbeer said:

1 hour ago, Michael_W said:

My guess is that Meadowhall were hoping the event would still go ahead, purely for commercial reasons I suppose, I believe there was a statement from Meadowhall earlier yesterday afternoon, that the event was still going ahead despite the continuing weather and flood concerns, I'm sure it also stated the acts had already arrived and everything was ready and in place.

On another note, it still amazes me how many drivers still go and plough their cars through deep water thinking it will be fine ….. bizarre !

I agree, businesses across the region were sending staff home from mid afternoon, I left the office early at 4pm and Hallam fm was saying it was going ahead still, I remember thinking “madness” at the time,  then about 5pm I heard them say it had been cancelled, they must really be out of touch with their local community!!

3 hours ago, Fudbeer said:

9 minutes ago, Mrspittthree said:

I agree, businesses across the region were sending staff home from mid afternoon, I left the office early at 4pm and Hallam fm was saying it was going ahead still, I remember thinking “madness” at the time,  then about 5pm I heard them say it had been cancelled, they must really be out of touch with their local community!!

Purely a case of putting profit before customer/staff  safety and consideration.      

Extremely bad.