Flood Alerts Sheffield Autumn 2019

Beaver Hill Road, Woodhouse, stream has burst its banks, idiots trying to get round on the pavement - don't fall down the side into the stream!

74358449_10220693117896888_1529980879705

Edited by alchresearch

anyone know if Meadowhall has any flood defenses, put in from last time it was flooded?

As looking online the oasis is soon to be just that!

Yes. If you go outside you will see a large wall along the riverside with a gate area near the taxi roundabout

10 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Theres a portal on the SCC website where you can report it and they come out to repair.

Drainage, like roads need a regular programme of maintenance not someone sat waiting for a phone call from a member of the public to state the obvious!!!

Please try and avoid Rivelin Valley Road. Between Malin Bridge and Rails Road there are several large floods which are very deep in areas.

20 minutes ago, Hopman said:

Please try and avoid Rivelin Valley Road. Between Malin Bridge and Rails Road there are several large floods which are very deep in areas.

Cheers! 

If you're coming down Manor Lane towards the back of the Parkway you're a bit screwed because if you turn left onto Cricket Inn Road there's a flood (passable with care on the pavement only), and if you turn right that's completely closed because of flooding.  The only answer is to go back up the hill and find another way round!

The river at Eckington has burst its banks - avoid the area if you can

Guest makapaka
35 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Drainage, like roads need a regular programme of maintenance not someone sat waiting for a phone call from a member of the public to state the obvious!!!

I don't disagree - I don't know if that happens either.

But what if someone came to look at the drain for its monthly / bi monthly / yearly maintenance and it was clear but now it's not? 

6 minutes ago, monkeygirl said:

The river at Eckington has burst its banks - avoid the area if you can

I tend to do that even if its not flooded. 🙂

1 minute ago, makapaka said:

I don't disagree - I don't know if that happens either.

But what if someone came to look at the drain for its monthly / bi monthly / yearly maintenance and it was clear but now it's not? 

Then both things need to be in place, its a basic requirement.

Shalesmoor total nightmare ,Penistone road flooded in normal places near the park . Too many drivers blocking junctions causing more problems than there need be 

57 minutes ago, Padders said:

Always amazes me how cars get stuck like that, surely they can see the floodwater.

People are idiots.
Same car I think, guess it's been there a while?

75540271_3032438466785008_78661226514612

Edited by geared