Where does the 51 bus (that used to stop at the cathedral) now stop?

And why?  I liked having the 51 and the 52 stopping at the same stop.

Towards Charnock: stop CH1 Leopold Street outside All Bar One or TH3 Pinstone Street outside Costa.

Towards Lodge Moor: As far as I can see it does still stop at Cathedral at HS5. Before that it's AG11 on Arundel Gate.

It now stops one stop further up the High Street, at stop HS5.

It's better in that it's away from the hordes of people getting on the 52s that roll up every few minutes. With the 51 having nowhere to stop you used to get on almost outside HMV sometimes as it pulled in behind two 52s, or it sailed past without stopping.

But it's a pain because there didn't seem to be an electronic sign saying when the next one is due.  This is important when the service is so poor.  I'd rather not faff about with phone things if possible. 

Edited by Bilge

On 29/09/2019 at 16:52, Bilge said:

But it's a pain because there didn't seem to be an electronic sign saying when the next one is due.  This is important when the service is so poor.  I'd rather not faff about with phone things if possible. 

It is now displaying the correct times for the 51. 

4 hours ago, Sheffield87 said:

It is now displaying the correct times for the 51. 

That's great news. Now all we need is twice as many of them.

One might have thought that the PTE would have informed travelers of this change at the stop

I remember waiting for the bus a while back at Hillsborough Interchange only to watch it sail by as they had decided to move the stop but did not think to tell people - little wonder people do not use the buses

49 minutes ago, amnicoll said:

One might have thought that the PTE would have informed travelers of this change at the stop

I remember waiting for the bus a while back at Hillsborough Interchange only to watch it sail by as they had decided to move the stop but did not think to tell people - little wonder people do not use the buses

Now I could be wrong here - and apologise in advance if I am - but is there not indication at each stop with regards to the services using it?

Guest busdriver1
34 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Now I could be wrong here - and apologise in advance if I am - but is there not indication at each stop with regards to the services using it?

There is supposed to be, if the contractors that keep them up to date have got all the changes done. 

20 hours ago, RollingJ said:

yes there usually is but if you are used to going to a particular bus stop to catch a bus do you stop and look at it every time you use the stop to check you are at the right stop and even if you do and see your bus is no longer listed then do you know where to go to catch it now.  at Hillsborough Interchange there is a big shelter so plenty of room to place an eye catching poster to inform