P. League Player Wants New Deal, £600,000 A Week.

Just reading on the BBC football gossip that Paul Pogba has asked Manchester United for a new deal worth £600,000 a week. Oh for one of the big clubs to find themselves in money troubles then common sense might start to prevail. £600,000 a week for kicking a ball around is obscene.

Edited by iansheff

7 hours ago, iansheff said:

Just reading on the BBC football gossip that Paul Pogba has asked Manchester United for a new deal worth £600,000 a week. Oh for one of the big clubs to find themselves in money troubles then common sense might start to prevail. £600,000 a week for kicking a ball around is obscene.

if its the going rate and they are prepared to pay it so what? its the fans that need to boycott the games and the sky coverage, will they do that ?? all of them ? no thats why he will probably get his 600k a week. supply and demand simple.

7 hours ago, iansheff said:

Don't MU have a another player on similar wages who might as well be driving a bus around Manchester for all the effect he 's having at Old Trafford ?

10 hours ago, St Petre said:

Don't MU have a another player on similar wages who might as well be driving a bus around Manchester for all the effect he 's having at Old Trafford ?

They got Inter Milan to pay him for a few months.  lol. Just to think the press crucified Tommy Trinder for paying Johnny Haynes a hundred quid a week at Fulham in the early 60s.:nod:

Edited by Ontarian1981

Personally I wish Pogba would go to Real Madrid and be replaced by Gareth Bale

5 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Just to think the press crucified Tommy Trinder for paying Johnny Haynes a hundred quid a week at Fulham in the early 60s.:nod:

Vaguely remember my Dad going on about it - he was one of the first £1,000 a year miners (£20 a week before stoppages) back then. He'd played in the same Doncaster Boys team as Ron Flowers and reckoned if he'd have been a couple of inches taller (my Dad was 5ft 8in and played centre half as a rule) he'd have had a chance of being a pro footballer.

2 hours ago, cressida said:

Personally I wish Pogba would go to Real Madrid and be replaced by Gareth Bale

Bale is on over £600k pw, so would have to take a pay cut!

3 hours ago, Longcol said:

Vaguely remember my Dad going on about it - he was one of the first £1,000 a year miners (£20 a week before stoppages) back then. He'd played in the same Doncaster Boys team as Ron Flowers and reckoned if he'd have been a couple of inches taller (my Dad was 5ft 8in and played centre half as a rule) he'd have had a chance of being a pro footballer.

A tradesman back when I was an apprentice made about 12 quid a week and one crusty old sod came out with this gem one day, "those buggers make twice as much as me and only show up for work on a Saturday afternoon". 😉

8 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

A tradesman back when I was an apprentice made about 12 quid a week and one crusty old sod came out with this gem one day, "those buggers make twice as much as me and only show up for work on a Saturday afternoon". 😉

Unless I read that wrong, I don't think Johnny Haynes played for Doncaster boy's as he was a born and bred Londoner

1 minute ago, St Petre said:

Unless I read that wrong, I don't think Johnny Haynes played for Doncaster boy's as he was a born and bred Londoner

Longcol was talking about is dad, so you did read it wrong.

Lol

18 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Longcol was talking about is dad, so you did read it wrong.

Lol

I did read it wrong, sorry Longcol.