Tracklogs Has Disappeared

"is anyone able to advise on the legality of using it to host the final version of the software, along with the purchased maps that any subscribers can provide (which are and will remain out of date)? "

https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/governance/crown-copyright

Edited by Delstron

On 17/10/2020 at 22:25, Temuchin said:

It seems that the domain will become available for purchase 90 days after the expiry date (4th September + 90 days). So, if I were to purchase the domain, is anyone able to advise on the legality of using it to host the final version of the software, along with the purchased maps that any subscribers can provide (which are and will remain out of date)?

Well, some enterprising person/outfit snapped up the tracklogs.co.uk domain on 5th December and registered it for a year , and is now seeking bids for it - starting at £100...  Don't think I'll bother...

Hi folks

Like a few of you I have just found this forum from a google search for Tracklogs info.

I too have been using Tracklogs since around 2005 with an old Garmin Geko with no problems. Planning and uploading has been great from a windows 7 machine and I can even run the software from a windows 10 set-up which also shows the route profiles as you plot and the windows 7 does not, for some reason. It is my only 1:25k mapping and very easy to use so would prefer to continue to use it for as long as possible.

I have recently acquired a Garmin Etrex 35 but this will not communicate with my V3.06 does anyone know that if I laid my hands on V3.18.06 I would have better luck. Otherwise I have to rely on Garmin Basecamp as my communication link to the Etrex.

That said I do have the entire 415 mapping packages, unfortunately 4 are corrupt (so I will not be walking in those areas!) and will not load which I could share if the legality could be resolved.

I have a Garmin Forerunner 735 and  the  route is downloaded using Mapmyrun.

The maps are certainly good for me.

Thanks for your help Temuchin, I am now as up to date as I can be. My track profiles are there and more importantly I can use my eTrex Touch 35. Thinking back it was probably due to using such an old Garmin  Geko, that I didn't update earlier as that used basically through a serial port or ran with a serial USB adaptor.

It just goes to show that I should keep to software and hardware up to date!

As I still cannot PM you, if you wish to contact me again with your email I may be able to reciprocate with some files.

On 10/03/2020 at 21:13, Roger_Hanuk said:

Update

I have a 3.18 version on a Laptop so I replaced the whole  C:\\Program Files (x86)\Tracklogs folder on the PC with the 3.18 version from the laptop.

I initially ran the program directly from the Tracklog.exe file and it asked for a licence. Added licence key and hey presto 3.18 version working.

If try to open Tracklogs from any of the original short cuts either on the desktop or the start menu it tries to run an installation program. So these need deleting and replacing with new short cuts from the 3.18 Tracklogs.exe file

Quite pleased with myself now

And if anyone else find this useful I will be even more please  

Roger's trick was great. Tracklogs would not work on my new laptop "The Software needs updating- contact the software vendor..." (A Mac running Windows 10 pro via Parallels) but it was working on my very old laptop (also now running Windows 10 pro but I think running an earlier version when I originally loaded Tracklogs). By copying the Laptop version to the new computer and creating a new Shortcut it now works a treat. Roger- Thank you so much. 

Can anyone please help me get the installer files for Tracklogs please? I am trying to help an elderly gentleman who has created 21 custom maps but can no longer access them I also have 471 pkg files if anyone would like a copy of them? Many thanks in advance. Rick

Sorry just making up the 3 posts. Rick

Message me if anyone wants the 471 pkg files. Rick

20 hours ago, Rick K said:

Can anyone please help me get the installer files for Tracklogs please? I am trying to help an elderly gentleman who has created 21 custom maps but can no longer access them I also have 471 pkg files if anyone would like a copy of them? Many thanks in advance. Rick

PM sent.

Many thanks to Temuchin who saves the day again!

Installed and working.

Many thanks,

Rick

Hi everyone. I like everyone else has tried to find the website to buy additional maps but found this forum instead! I actually have OS25 for the whole of GB, bought from TrackLogs in 2017. I would however be interested in obtaining OS50. Is anyone able to advise?

17 hours ago, bescot42 said:

Hi everyone. I like everyone else has tried to find the website to buy additional maps but found this forum instead! I actually have OS25 for the whole of GB, bought from TrackLogs in 2017. I would however be interested in obtaining OS50. Is anyone able to advise?

PM sent.