Tracklogs Has Disappeared

I can’t PM either, as I’m a new member. But if there’s a way to share maps etc (Dropboxes or something) I’m happy to put mine on there.

10 hours ago, winerwalker said:

I can’t PM either, as I’m a new member. But if there’s a way to share maps etc (Dropboxes or something) I’m happy to put mine on there.

I (and others here) can provide the installation files for Tracklogs 3.18.02. But the ability to share maps would be great if a single repository could be set up somewhere for all of us to upload to. Can anyone advise on this?

On 11/06/2020 at 08:58, beaker2135 said:

If I can receive one that would be great and very appreciated

I have sent you one

On 11/06/2020 at 09:04, hopbackguy said:

Many thanks for the offer Stephen, but I'm not allowed to PM yet as a new user - could you PM me please? Thanks, Mike.

I have sent you one

Hello all.  I have just found this thread and thought like others I was the only user.  Been using TL since around 2003/4?

One problem I have had across several computers over the years that Tracklogs support could never solve is this, I hope at least to find someone else has this problems or better still did you solve it?

I prefer to see my created and downloaded tracks in blue with a thin black edge.  This is easily set in properties and you can make your choice the default setting.  This worked for about a year and then ever since the old yellow tracks reappear when the programme is restarted.  Have tried allsorts including registry edits without joy - anyone seen this??

Thanks

I have version 3.06.  I've installed it on new Windows 10 system  and it sort of works...but can only open and save Tracklogs format files.  Many of the ones I want to use are in .gpx format.  I have all the data files and the licence numbers but where can I obtain a copy of the installation file now that Tracklogs as a company no longer exists?  I'd appreciate any help please!  It's very frustrating having all the data files but unable to run the app properly!  Thanks for any help.

11 hours ago, Jeffc said:

I have version 3.06.  I've installed it on new Windows 10 system  and it sort of works...but can only open and save Tracklogs format files.  Many of the ones I want to use are in .gpx format.  I have all the data files and the licence numbers but where can I obtain a copy of the installation file now that Tracklogs as a company no longer exists?  I'd appreciate any help please!  It's very frustrating having all the data files but unable to run the app properly!  Thanks for any help.

PMed you.

This may not be of much help  however, if you have a GPS watch then you can monitor your activity provided you do the course.
This can be recorded on the Strava app.
Alternatively, you can use MapMyFitness provided you have GPS on your phone. 
Not much help if you need to pre-plan your walk.

Google maps is quite good but I believe you are limited to 10 positíons unless you upgrade.
It's also not much good if any of the route, such as footpaths, are not known to Google.

This is a bus map route I prepared for a location in Turkey.
Both the lines and locations can be customised.
I combined both route ( 1st and 2nd half) to get the complete route.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1tb3rpjWxnBDW9HndvzDiuy8bmjQ&ll=37.31548799503199%2C27.291450849144827&z=12

On 12/06/2020 at 13:13, Stephen1789 said:

I have sent you one

I have sent you one

I'm yet another Tracklogs user who has just reinstalled on Windows, and I'm stuck back on v3.11 without the ability to use GPX files, so if it's not too much trouble I would love to get access to the v3.18 installer so I can continue using my 1:25k map regions easily. Many thanks

Edited by Richard_B

On 24/09/2020 at 11:02, Richard_B said:

I'm yet another Tracklogs user who has just reinstalled on Windows, and I'm stuck back on v3.11 without the ability to use GPX files, so if it's not too much trouble I would love to get access to the v3.18 installer so I can continue using my 1:25k map regions easily. Many thanks

Stephen,

If you send me a PM with your e-mail address i will send you a link to  v3.18.

Hello,

I'm afraid I'm not from Sheffield and I'm not a walker but I've been using TL since 2007 and I've just reinstalled Windows 10 on my PC and was looking for the TL website and found this thread instead. Real shame about TL (it was the best in class in 2007) but with v3.18.02 being released in 2013 I guess the writing was on the wall.

I would really appreciate getting my hands on the v3.18.02 installer - i've got lots of .trl files I'd still love to use.

RW

11 hours ago, rearwindow said:

Hello,

I'm afraid I'm not from Sheffield and I'm not a walker but I've been using TL since 2007 and I've just reinstalled Windows 10 on my PC and was looking for the TL website and found this thread instead. Real shame about TL (it was the best in class in 2007) but with v3.18.02 being released in 2013 I guess the writing was on the wall.

I would really appreciate getting my hands on the v3.18.02 installer - i've got lots of .trl files I'd still love to use.

RW

I've sent you a Private Message...

On 04/06/2020 at 16:06, Temuchin said:

I see that tracklogs.co.uk is still registered as a domain until 4th September, so it'll be interesting to see if they renew it (which I doubt!). 

Well, to absolutely no one's surprise, the domain was not renewed and is now flagged as "*** This registration has been SUSPENDED. ***".  (See https://www.whois.com/whois/tracklogs.co.uk).

It seems that the domain will become available for purchase 90 days after the expiry date (4th September + 90 days). So, if I were to purchase the domain, is anyone able to advise on the legality of using it to host the final version of the software, along with the purchased maps that any subscribers can provide (which are and will remain out of date)?