Jump to content
The Christmas Logo Competition is back. See thread in Sheffield Discussions for details ×

Tracklogs Has Disappeared

Recommended Posts

Does anyone on here use Tracklogs for their digital mapping? This Derbyshire-based company seems to have disappeared online (http://www.tracklogs.co.uk/ is what it was, but that URL has been giving "server not found" for several days). Google has proved fruitless in finding out any information about a closure or even a contact number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/10/2019 at 11:45, Graham Ellis said:

Hi I have the same problem. Dont seem to be able to find out anything. 

Were we their only two customers?! I still haven't found any announcement regarding the closure; all I have found is that the company behind Tracklogs appears to be A.J.S Contract Design Ltd. of Wormhill. Also, an archived copy of the website is available here should you feel nostalgic - but, again, no phone number that I can see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I’ve a lot of their maps and now need the IOS UI to install them. Does anyone have a copy of the installer so I can use the maps ? This is quite frustrating having bought around £200 of maps.

 

i also see memory maps also now only has one option, the whole Uk for £125. Maybe some licensing model changes or other options came to market meaning OS  pricing meant there was no sustainable business model. If they were shutting track logs though why not email customers saying to get any installers while they had the chance ☹️

The archived site looks to be around 2010 which is way before I last used it. IOS not listed and I’m sure they had support for it. 
 

I’ll look into Garmin topo maps, I know very little about them or how good they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I thought I was the only using Tracklogs too!! I think it was a great little program; easy to use , intuitive, not memory hunger but I did wonder how long it would last given the on line services now available. 

 

Although I subscribe to the OS maps and get the entire country for £15? (with a CW discount)  I still use it because it transfers the route and waymarks to my GPS more efficiently

 

I've just reinstalled window on my PC and whilst I can install version 3.11 from the disk  the 3.18 update doesn't work - I don't suppose it make a of difference really. 

 

In answer to Jasonmb there will be a copy of the program on the disk which you can install

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just discovered it does matter not having the 3.18 version. 3.11 doesn't support saving to GPS or even saving as a GPX

 

Ho hum☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update

I have a 3.18 version on a Laptop so I replaced the whole  C:\\Program Files (x86)\Tracklogs folder on the PC with the 3.18 version from the laptop.

 

I initially ran the program directly from the Tracklog.exe file and it asked for a licence. Added licence key and hey presto 3.18 version working.

 

If try to open Tracklogs from any of the original short cuts either on the desktop or the start menu it tries to run an installation program. So these need deleting and replacing with new short cuts from the 3.18 Tracklogs.exe file

 

Quite pleased with myself now

 

And if anyone else find this useful I will be even more please  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I used Tracklog a few years ago for planning rally routes but only had one area.  I wanted to add another area but do not know if/where you can purchase additional CDs.  Does anyone have any ideas? please?  I hace v3.18.02 installed.

Edited by nikki-red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/03/2020 at 11:51, RallyNav said:

I used Tracklog a few years ago for planning rally routes but only had one area.  I wanted to add another area but do not know if/where you can purchase additional CDs.  Does anyone have any ideas? please?  I hace v3.18.02 installed.

Does anyone know what the legal position is regarding copying of defunct software? Are we allowed to give copies of our CDs and licence keys to others? If so, I'd be willing to share mine, but I only have OS50 for whole of GB (plus separate Peak District) i.e. no OS25.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this came as a bit of a shock. I have been using Tracklogs mapping software from almost Day 1.  I tried Memory Map and Anquet (both still in business) but always found the Tracklogs software to be superior and most importantly user friendly. 

Anyway I am currently in Florida and guess what I got the blue screen of death on my Laptop and had to reload Windows 10.  I believe I have a backup of Tracklogs v3.18.02 on a hard drive which is currently in storage in the UK.  Roger_Hanuk provided some useful information regarding copying the program file and running it directly from the .exe.  Hopefully this will work for me as the Tracklogs software supplied with the  OS area maps is now out of date.

 

I was wondering since I am currently stuck in the USA  if anyone would be kind enough to mail a CD copy of v3.18.02  over to Florida or to the Cloud (Dropbox?), as I currently cannot open any of my .TRL files.   Of course I would gratefully reimburse all associated expenses.  

 

Saving routes to .TRL rather than .GPX  was in retrospect a fundamental mistake!

 

I am really surprised the people behind Tracklogs have  just shuttered the company with no notice to loyal customers, as I too have invested hundreds of pounds in their products over the years.  I  would be happy to follow the lead of Temuchin and share the OS50K and  OS25K  maps that I have purchased.

 

I also have thousands of mainly Mountain Biking routes that I have mapped over the years that I would gladly share with other members.

 

Finally, if anyone concerned with the Original Tracklogs organisation reads this please get in touch, as I would like to discuss the possibility of providing limited ongoing support for loyal customers who continue to utilise your software.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DavidJL said:

Well this came as a bit of a shock. I have been using Tracklogs mapping software from almost Day 1.  I tried Memory Map and Anquet (both still in business) but always found the Tracklogs software to be superior and most importantly user friendly. 

Anyway I am currently in Florida and guess what I got the blue screen of death on my Laptop and had to reload Windows 10.  I believe I have a backup of Tracklogs v3.18.02 on a hard drive which is currently in storage in the UK.  Roger_Hanuk provided some useful information regarding copying the program file and running it directly from the .exe.  Hopefully this will work for me as the Tracklogs software supplied with the  OS area maps is now out of date.

 

I was wondering since I am currently stuck in the USA  if anyone would be kind enough to mail a CD copy of v3.18.02  over to Florida or to the Cloud (Dropbox?), as I currently cannot open any of my .TRL files.   Of course I would gratefully reimburse all associated expenses.  

 

Saving routes to .TRL rather than .GPX  was in retrospect a fundamental mistake!

 

I am really surprised the people behind Tracklogs have  just shuttered the company with no notice to loyal customers, as I too have invested hundreds of pounds in their products over the years.  I  would be happy to follow the lead of Temuchin and share the OS50K and  OS25K  maps that I have purchased.

 

I also have thousands of mainly Mountain Biking routes that I have mapped over the years that I would gladly share with other members.

 

Finally, if anyone concerned with the Original Tracklogs organisation reads this please get in touch, as I would like to discuss the possibility of providing limited ongoing support for loyal customers who continue to utilise your software.

David - private message sent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/03/2020 at 11:23, Roger_Hanuk said:

And I thought I was the only using Tracklogs too!! I think it was a great little program; easy to use , intuitive, not memory hunger but I did wonder how long it would last given the on line services now available. 

 

Although I subscribe to the OS maps and get the entire country for £15? (with a CW discount)  I still use it because it transfers the route and waymarks to my GPS more efficiently

 

I've just reinstalled window on my PC and whilst I can install version 3.11 from the disk  the 3.18 update doesn't work - I don't suppose it make a of difference really. 

 

In answer to Jasonmb there will be a copy of the program on the disk which you can install

Hi Roger,

 

Could you possibly clarify what the CW discount is and where it is available please? £15 for an OS map subscription is a very good price.

 

Thanks

David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.