Bass In The Park Ponderosa

have any of you seeing the state of the land on the pondarosa park . all grass churned up by large wagons fork lift trucks ext.and that is before any visitors to the event over weekend i hope the council have a clauss in contract to put it back how it was especially as weather going to be bad all weekend.

I wouldn’t worry about it. Grass is very resilient.

Bassfest at Don Valley Bowl in July went from the hottest day of the year on the day it was set up to the heaviest rain of the year the day of the event and the night it was dismantled and the grass was fine within a couple of weeks. 😁👍

It must have been cancelled for safety reasons as most punters would not have been put off by a bit of rain.

sorry to hear that,as lots of work goes into doing a event and its awfull when one has to cancel,sorry to hear it guys,i hope you can re-do at a later date

Its worrying the state of this park after the last music event ... all ripped up and mucked about ... what is the Council going to do about it ? 😮

I know someone said in the other thread about grass will grow back, (which of course it will)

however, I went past this earlier, and it really is a mess. If that hardens and grass on it, it won't be good to walk on. Could do with a 'steam-rolling' I think.

I went past today and it's a complete mess, ruts a foot deep, churned up mud and this is over the lower half of the park completely. There is a petition to be found here for anybody who wishes to sign.

https://www.change.org/p/sheffield-city-council-reinstate-ponderosa-back-into-grassed-area?recruiter=22286296&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&utm_term=psf_combo_share_abi&recruited_by_id=2bccd4d0-db04-012f-618c-4040f855b16c 

Was a old man in electric wheel chair Thursday couldet get throu because of mud 

There is an e-petition about this issue - https://www.change.org/p/sheffield-city-council-reinstate-ponderosa-back-into-grassed-area

Sheffield City Council have just responded - see below.

I am personally appalled that the park can ruined just by a one day event and that we are looking at least until next spring for it to sorted out due to time of year.   I am tweeting about this with #Restore Ponderosa and I have emailed Mary Lea today asking if she can guarantee that this particular organisation will not be allowed to use the park again.  (mary.lea@sheffield.gov.uk)

20 OCT 2019 — 

Note From Council

After heavy rainfall during Bassfest at Ponderosa Park, some areas of the ground are in poor condition. Sheffield City Council and BassFest organisers Fire in the Park are carrying out work to restore the park as soon as possible.

Councillor Mary Lea, Cabinet Member for Culture, Parks and Leisure at Sheffield City Council said: “We are working with Fire in the Park to ensure that the park is restored as soon as possible.

“We have started initial work on improving the safety of the site, but the full reinstatement cannot begin until the ground dries out.

“We will continue to regularly assess the site and soon as it is possible, contractors will begin working on the park. Following this, Ponderosa will be re-seeded in the spring as planned.

“Thank you again to everyone for your patience and bearing with us while we carry out this necessary work.

“Please look out for further updates on our social media platforms.”

Organisers of BassFest, Fire in the Park said: “We thoroughly appreciate your patience as we continue to work closely with Sheffield City Council to repair the damage caused to Ponderosa Park.

“We would like to reiterate that we are fully committed to reinstating the ground, and are doing everything we can to make this happen as soon as possible.

“Thank you again for your patience.”

Only thing done is plastic fence round churned up area. Needs men on ground sorting paths.