Sheffield City Centre v Manchester City Centre

Jesus, what a depressing thread. Please can the mods pull this one.

With these sorts of attitudes we'll shortly be overtaken by Doncaster. What's wrong with you guys?

Jesus, what a depressing thread. Please can the mods pull this one.

With these sorts of attitudes we'll shortly be overtaken by Doncaster. What's wrong with you guys?

:hihi: :hihi: long way to go there matey!!!! anyway there are far more depressing threads on this forum!! hey.. if you want cheerin up read the 'The house that bled to death' thread.. crackin piece of raw insanity:thumbsup:

With these sorts of attitudes we'll shortly be overtaken by Doncaster.

You mean we haven't already? :D

Just to cheer you up: I think I read something the other day about a stricter regime on airport names being proposed - so the Robin Hood and Sheffield nonsense could be dropped and it'll be just Doncaster International Airport.

Who cares what the airport is called, it's not like anyone using it is actually going to Doncaster is it ?

I have to agree Manchester is much much better than Sheffield both for the city centre and out of town shopping. Both Manchester and the Trafford centre have embraced the independent retailer instead of pushing them in to out of the way dark spots that are miles from the beaten track, on top of that Meadowhall is a scrambling mess I’ve been there as many times as I’ve been to the Trafford centre and I still can’t find a thing in Meadowhall but find the Trafford centre logical and easy to navigate. However probably cos I’m a scouser i will always prefer Liverpool but maybe it's just that I prefer a city centre to out of town shopping and the effect this has on a city centres diversity, spirit and atmosphere.

sheffield will never be able to compete with manchester for drugs and violence. They do however have a few better shops.

sheffield will never be able to compete with manchester for drugs and violence. They do however have a few better shops.

What i said, but with much less words.

:lol:

I'm not so sure after the past week or two:

News - Dog warning after sheep attacks

News - Girl suffers sex attack at party

News - Man bailed after crash boy death

News - Trio rob blind man in the street

News - Baby attack doctor can keep job

News - Murder charges after car shooting

News - Injured man found lying in street

News - Murder charge after knife death

Headlines taken from BBC News website.

well if thats the case why do i feel safer walking around manchester that sheffield, tho that could have some to do with a visable and approcable police force. i've found the police in sheffield to be unapporchable and short with me when making genral enquires such as where is the cashpoint(in the station) and when asking mounted police about how to get in to the job.

In most city centres around the UK Saturday and Sunday are exactly the same.

I quite like the fact that on the whole Sheffield has a day off.

Same here. As many have stated already there is absolutely no comparison between Sheffield City Centre and Manchester's (the quantity and quality of shops is light years better)

Having said that, I too enjoy the "ghost town" feel that Sheffield has on a Sunday. In these times of round-the-clock obsessive BUY! BUY! BUY! consumerism it's actually quite refreshing to be able to wander around what is still a major city centre on a Sunday .. and feel like you have the place to yourself!

Nothing wrong with that and nothing wrong with manic Manchester shopping either - it's nice to have the choice between the two (ditto Leeds, and ditto Nottingham)