We’re excited to announce the forum is under new management! Click here for details.

Hillsborough Ground Sale Irregularities Under Investigation.

8 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Let me spell this out, being under embargo means you can't sign players - we've signed players since the end of July.

Let me spell this out to you. That is not the link I asked for. If you want an official link from EFL about stadium then I require one for this. Also weren’t you very vocal about EFL not placing Owls under a soft embargo? 🤭 I wouldn’t normally mind but you weren’t the one asking for link. Speedy did and he’s not arguing half as much........yet 😂 

Edited by DaMan

10 minutes ago, DaMan said:

Let me spell this out to you. That is not the link I asked for. If you want an official link from EFL about stadium then I require one for this. Also weren’t you very vocal about EFL not placing Owls under a soft embargo? 🤭 I wouldn’t normally mind but you weren’t the one asking for link. Speedy did and he’s not arguing half as much........yet 😂 

I don't think you know how these things work, I don't need any link if the facts are there without one. What proof do you have without a link that the EFL are investigating?

11 hours ago, DaMan said:

https://www.thestadiumbusiness.com/2019/09/25/sheffield-wednesday-told-clarify-hillsborough-deal-ahead-efl-meeting/

Based on all the whinging Steve Gibson at Middlesbrough has done regarding Derby’s ground sale I would assume it’s safe to say he will be one of them. 

No EFL link, just a story from the Times!

5 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Provide proof that the EFL have already accepted it? The books were incredibly late after being witheld by the club and only more recently have been properly scrutinised.

The rules dont need changing! The majority of teams are able to comply, compete and achieve, without any real issues. Teams have been successful without wholesale spending and teams have shown themselves to be in a sound financial state as a direct result of FFP rules.

A handful of teams however feel the need to cheat the rules and system, to make up their own rules, to throw money at garbage and to risk the future of their club. That's their problem and I hope any teams found to be doing so, suffer heavily as a result.

You not found the link I first asked for mucka? Nah, because it never existed!

6 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Let me spell this out, being under embargo means you can't sign players - we've signed players since the end of July.

The initial embargo was for a connected, but never the less different reason. 

You were placed under the initial embargo for delaying the submission of accounts. Upon submission of the accounts, the EFL had no option but to lift the embargo. 

Upon being called to investigate the books, the EFL have now found irregularities. This doesn't mean that the EFL accepted the ground sale in the summer, this means that it has been brought to their attention and they are now forced to act upon it.

Woopsies would be the word I would be using. I think you lot have some hard times head. 

3 hours ago, speedy69 said:

No EFL link, just a story from the Times!

You not found the link I first asked for mucka? Nah, because it never existed!

Have more respect, I'm not your mucka and don't appreciate you referring to me in such context. 

If you want a link, go and google it. Don't come making demands from me, i'm sure that if the post was in reference to Sheffield United, you would be googling away.  

16 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

You were placed under the initial embargo for delaying the submission of accounts. Upon submission of the accounts, the EFL had no option but to lift the embargo. 

Upon being called to investigate the books, the EFL have now found irregularities. This doesn't mean that the EFL accepted the ground sale in the summer, this means that it has been brought to their attention and they are now forced to act upon it.

Woopsies would be the word I would be using. I think you lot have some hard times head. 

Have more respect, I'm not your mucka and don't appreciate you referring to me in such context. 

If you want a link, go and google it. Don't come making demands from me, i'm sure that if the post was in reference to Sheffield United, you would be googling away.  

My my , I have come across some really ultra biased football supporters in my time , but you take the biscuit.

Other than having a a dig at a team you obviously hate, why did you even start this thread in the first place? Just stirring the pot would be my take on the matter , as it certainly has nothing to do with your team at all.

Edited by Ontarian1981

3 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

My my , I have come across some really ultra biased football supporters in my time , but you take the biscuit.

Other than having a a dig at a team you obviously hate, why did you even start this thread in the first place? Just stirring the pot would be my take on the matter , as it certainly has nothing to do with your team at all.

As a footballing fan plural, I have a very valid interest in any allegations of cheating. You lot don't seem to like it because obviously it is the morals of your own club which are at question. Regardless of who the accused are, I expect all cheats to be heavily punished! If the boot was on the other foot, I would be absolutely fuming at my own club and disgusted.

The bickering ends here. 
If youre going to make claims please also be prepared to supply links etc to back them up.

Either discuss the topic like adults or it will be closed.

Edited by nikki-red

1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

No problem-Mods, as the OP has admitted that the story has been made up it might be a good time to wrap this post up!

More than enough validity in the below link to keep this post active and open for discussion moderators. Factual information has been provided by the media outlet.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/efl-ask-sheffield-wednesday-to-explain-hillsborough-sale-claim-reports-1-10014482

In a world where bosses are rightly condemned for taking millions OUT of their businesses (Thomas Cook bosses pocketed £47m while the company went down the pan), only in football does a boss get shafted for putting his own money IN.

46 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

More than enough validity in the below link to keep this post active and open for discussion moderators. Factual information has been provided by the media outlet.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/efl-ask-sheffield-wednesday-to-explain-hillsborough-sale-claim-reports-1-10014482

Unless you have hard facts then certain posters on here will not allow spurious links to media outlets. Some posters will not accept details unless it’s come direct from EFL and signed off accordingly 😂 

8 hours ago, cmonkes said:

According to the Times.....