We’re excited to announce the forum is under new management! Click here for details.

Hillsborough Ground Sale Irregularities Under Investigation.

3 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

I find amazing that people link spurious articles like that as fact, link something from the EFL themselves if you want to back up your point.

Steve Gibson is one, who are the others?

I never said it was a good link. It’s the only link I could find regarding it. Please show me where I stated it as a fact? It also wasn’t my point so I await an apology regarding that. I also highly doubt the EFL would add something to their site stating they were investigating.

Edited by DaMan

4 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

The EFL have already accepted it I doubt they can go back now, the rules need a complete overhaul before the ruin the Championship.

Provide proof that the EFL have already accepted it? The books were incredibly late after being witheld by the club and only more recently have been properly scrutinised.

The rules dont need changing! The majority of teams are able to comply, compete and achieve, without any real issues. Teams have been successful without wholesale spending and teams have shown themselves to be in a sound financial state as a direct result of FFP rules.

A handful of teams however feel the need to cheat the rules and system, to make up their own rules, to throw money at garbage and to risk the future of their club. That's their problem and I hope any teams found to be doing so, suffer heavily as a result.

1 minute ago, cmonkes said:

Provide proof that the EFL have already accepted it? The books were incredibly late after being witheld by the club and only more recently have been properly scrutinised.

The rules dont need changing! The majority of teams are able to comply, compete and achieve, without any real issues. Teams have been successful without wholesale spending and teams have shown themselves to be in a sound financial state as a direct result of FFP rules.

A handful of teams however feel the need to cheat the rules and system, to make up their own rules, to throw money at garbage and to risk the future of their club. That's their problem and I hope any teams found to be doing so, suffer heavily as a result.

Calm down dear 🤣, the fact that the soft embargo was lifted shows the EFL accepeted it.

but the main problem is we or others are competing with teams that have millions in parachute payments,the odd team like united make it,but most who do it that way go down,but the main item is if you have the money,why cant you spend it or make it where you have to put in cash to a bank to prove you have the money thanks

5 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Calm down dear 🤣, the fact that the soft embargo was lifted shows the EFL accepeted it.

Where’s the link from EFL to back up your statement? 😂.  I find it amazing that people claim it as fact with no link from EFL to back it up 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by DaMan

4 minutes ago, DaMan said:

Where’s the link from EFL to back up your statement? 😂.  I find it amazing that people claim it as fact with no link from EFL to back it up 🤣🤣🤣

I don't need one, we signed 3 players, couldn't have done that under embargo - simples.

15 minutes ago, bassett one said:

but the main problem is we or others are competing with teams that have millions in parachute payments,the odd team like united make it,but most who do it that way go down,but the main item is if you have the money,why cant you spend it or make it where you have to put in cash to a bank to prove you have the money thanks

Just curious, but since Wednesday have been in the championship, how many of the teams promoted in that time were receiving parachute payments? 

38 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

I'm sure you do. Wonder if you'd feel the same if you weren't looking through red and white striped coloured glasses? I reckon I know the answer.

3 hours ago, cmonkes said:

The rules obviously do need changing if they don't want what us, derby and another team did with our grounds, it needs something there to say it's not allowed. Obviously the FFP is an issue, I do agree club's need some kind of legislation to work to but if it's here to stay they need to make it so any parachute payments aren't counted towards profit/loss so they aren't given an unfair advantage at least

2 hours ago, Gunstar_Hero said:

Just curious, but since Wednesday have been in the championship, how many of the teams promoted in that time were receiving parachute payments? 

Brighton, Newcastle, Aston Villa and Cardiff, are four I can remember off the top of my head, thats not the only unfair aspect though, what it does is increase transfer prices for players because the ones that get these payments will pay exorbitant fees whilst the ones who are not allowed to spend get even further behind being able to compete.

3 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

I don't need one, we signed 3 players, couldn't have done that under embargo - simples.

To stop the arguing then, do what you tell others. The internet has all the details. Go and look for them yourself! You ask for a link about it, one was provided. You said I didn’t have any facts yet when someone asks you for a link you can’t provide it. Show a link where EFL have stayed they accepted the accounts. If you can’t then stop baiting others for links so you can try and make excuses about them. I want proof direct from EFL like you’ve asked for regarding stadium investigations. 

Edited by DaMan

1 minute ago, DaMan said:

To stop the arguing then, do what you tell others. The internet has all the details. Go and look for them yourself! You ask for a link about it, one was provided. You said I didn’t have any facts yet when someone asks you for a link you can’t provide it. Show a link where EFL have stayed they accepted the accounts. If you can’t then stop baiting others for links so you can try and make excuses about them. 

Let me spell this out, being under embargo means you can't sign players - we've signed players since the end of July.