Ginger Baker Cream Drummer In Hospital - Now passed away

i remember watching the documentary beware of mr.baker by jay bulger a couple of years ago.he went to stay with ginger at his home in south africa and interviewed him over a period of time.came across as a real feisty so and so,at one point he whacked bulger between the eyes with a metal walking cane,didnt rate  bonham of led zep.well worth a watch if anyone gets the chance to see it.R.I.P. GINGER.

On 10/10/2019 at 07:19, bothamlad said:

i remember watching the documentary beware of mr.baker by jay bulger a couple of years ago.

ON BBC FOUR at 10.55 TONIGHT!

Who was Ginger?

4 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Who was Ginger?

You could read the first post in the thread - or try using google.

On 08/10/2019 at 22:10, Jim Hardie said:

Ginger played the Mojo a couple of times with Graham Bond but I don't think Cream ever played there and certainly not the Blue Moon. I've seen all three members of Cream play the Mojo but with other groups before Cream were formed. 

I guess my mind's playing tricks Jim!  Am i  mixing up my groups up, was it with the Yardbirds that i saw Eric Clapton play at the Mojo and not Creme?  

I know his daughter Leda,VERY well,she lived  a few doors up from me in sunbury back in the day,met Ginger numerous times,fearsome bloke with a hell of a temper and HUGE heroin addiction,Leda was his favorite kid,he adored her and she him,they had a true bond.

Last time I saw him was 2016 and he looked really ill lost tuns of weight and his voice was shallow,sad to see

46 minutes ago, LLAN said:

I guess my mind's playing tricks Jim!  Am i  mixing up my groups up, was it with the Yardbirds that i saw Eric Clapton play at the Mojo and not Creme?  

Yes, but I thought we were talking about Ginger Baker, lol.

I saw Eric at the Mojo with both John Mayall's Bluesbreakers and the Yardbirds.