Ginger Baker Cream Drummer In Hospital - Now passed away

5 minutes ago, St Petre said:

Who's Lemmy ?

Singer and Bassist with Motorhead

On 01/10/2019 at 16:37, Top Cats Hat said:

Keith Richards, Lemmy, Waylon Jennings, Stevie Nicks, Steve Tyler, Eddie van Halen, Ozzy Osbourne, Jimmy Page, Tommy Lee, Iggy Pop ...............

Tommy Lee's  a comparative bairn compared to t'others

7 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Tommy Lee's  a comparative bairn compared to t'others

That’s very true. 

Mötley Crüe always gave me the impression that they were caning it simply to get a reputation of the ‘wildest rock’n’roll band in the world’.

We definitely won’t see his like again. RIP you mad <removed>.

I suppose all these 60’s legends are in their seventies and eighties now. Carl Palmer is the only surviving member of ELP and now Eric Clapton is the only surviving member of Cream. 🙁

Edited by nikki-red

I had the pleasure of seeing Ginger Baker play with Hawkwind in the early 80's.

R.I.P I 

Sad to hear that Ginger Baker had died

Saw him a couple of times at the Esquire Club in 1964 along with Jack Bruce when they both played in The Graham Bond Organisation, saw him at the Mojo Club a couple of years later with newly formed super group Creme.

(or was it  at Pete Stringfellows other club The Blue Moon?) 

"The drummer's job is to make the other guys sound good, we are just timekeepers." Lol. Typical  Ginger, could never understand ,or care about, the accolades he got. RIP

On 06/10/2019 at 20:02, LLAN said:

Sad to hear that Ginger Baker had died

Saw him a couple of times at the Esquire Club in 1964 along with Jack Bruce when they both played in The Graham Bond Organisation, saw him at the Mojo Club a couple of years later with newly formed super group Creme.

(or was it  at Pete Stringfellows other club The Blue Moon?) 

Ginger played the Mojo a couple of times with Graham Bond but I don't think Cream ever played there and certainly not the Blue Moon. I've seen all three members of Cream play the Mojo but with other groups before Cream were formed. 

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

Ginger played the Mojo a couple of times with Graham Bond but I don't think Cream ever played there and certainly not the Blue Moon. I've seen all three members of Cream play the Mojo but with other groups before Cream were formed. 

All I can find about the original Cream playing in Sheffield is October 1966 ,at the University:

https://www.whereseric.com/eric-clapton-tour/15/10/1966