Blades V Liverpool

Liverpool top of the Premiership, playing well and have a very good down to earth manager but not unbeatable. The Blades will be well prepared for this encounter and Liverpool have been beaten in the last three visits so may the best team on the day win.  CW will stick with his tried and trusted players who will give their all on Sat   1-0

I was at Anfield when the Blades won 1-0 a long time ago

UTB

11 minutes ago, barry-333 said:

Liverpool top of the Premiership, playing well and have a very good down to earth manager but not unbeatable. The Blades will be well prepared for this encounter and Liverpool have been beaten in the last three visits so may the best team on the day win.  CW will stick with his tried and trusted players who will give their all on Sat   1-0

I was at Anfield when the Blades won 1-0 a long time ago

UTB

Sorry, but...…..

Liverpool are a different class to the Blades, not many teams will beat Liverpool.. of course we all know what a funny old game it is, and a shock result will always crop up, lets hope that's the case at the lane.

Personally I will be happy with a good display from the Blades, and accept a narrow defeat.. Blades 0-2.

In the Championship we could always walk in to a game knowing we have a decent chance of winning this if we play our cards right.  The premiership however we must know there are games like these where the high chances are we're going to drop points. Norwich proving with Man City it isn't impossible but no one will be going in to Saturdays match thinking United will take any points (by which I mean fans on both sides) Although it would certainly be nice. If we get anything I imagine it will be from a draw although I'm certainly happy to be proved wrong here!

3 hours ago, Tomm06 said:

In the Championship we could always walk in to a game knowing we have a decent chance of winning this if we play our cards right.  The premiership however we must know there are games like these where the high chances are we're going to drop points. Norwich proving with Man City it isn't impossible but no one will be going in to Saturdays match thinking United will take any points (by which I mean fans on both sides) Although it would certainly be nice. If we get anything I imagine it will be from a draw although I'm certainly happy to be proved wrong here!

I agree it will be really tough and I would be happy with a point. They are the best along with Man City in Europe and when you look at the Spanish and Italian sides that are on the continent that say's it all.Just hope we put in a decent performance like I know we can and come away with some pride I know we can if we play our A game.

Bit of a free hit this one, but no team's unbeatable - best to go out and be positive i think, and see what happens after that!

25 minutes ago, overtheborder said:

Bit of a free hit this one, but no team's unbeatable - best to go out and be positive i think, and see what happens after that!

You are right nothing to lose just go for it

Just a couple of stats to put our minds at rest :)

Liverpool have won their last :

15 Premier league games

12 games against newly promoted clubs

Nowt to worry about.

Though I'd love to be wrong  I think Liverpool will take us apart,  their counter attacking will spread fear into us, the way we retreat backwards when opponents attack is the worst part of our game, hope I'm wrong! 

It's just 11 on 11, anything can happen.

You were all uptight about the Chelsea game and look what happened.Cheer the lads on and see what happens. At least two low end teams took a couple of points away from Liverpool by drawing with them last year.

its just 11 on 11

you will believe in fairies next, its an excellent team playing a mediocre team, but i wish them all the best.  

When Spurs came to Hillsborough on 12 November 1960 their league record for the season was W15 D1 L0 but that became W15 D1 L1, so take heart.

3 hours ago, atticus said:

Just a couple of stats to put our minds at rest :)

Liverpool have won their last :

15 Premier league games

12 games against newly promoted clubs

Nowt to worry about.

Ha no problem then🤣