Blades V Liverpool

Need rid of Leon Clarke big time, he's just not good enough.

Even in League One he was abit of donkey.

1 hour ago, geared said:

Need rid of Leon Clarke big time, he's just not good enough.

Even in League One he was abit of donkey.

Awful attempt, but he was offside. It would have been even worse if he'd scored just for it to be disallowed by VAR! 

4 hours ago, speedy69 said:

They didn't need to score more goals, that's why I posted it 😏

Are you not slightly worried that you have spent (allegedly) 19million on 2 strikers for 1 goal return, is it not concerning that Wilder is having to turn to a striker that he tried to off load to get United the goals and is it not baffling that he has turned to a midfielder who played only 10 times last season (in a lower league) for the creativity?

And yes, Mc Burnie is a poor mans Fletcher, he makes Rhodes look like a wise investment!

But you didn't and you haven't, if you want to celebrate defeats like victory's then crack on, it only ends one way!

Lundstram has been our best midfielder this season! I doubt Clarke will play again, he was only on the bench due to Billy being suspended and McGoldrick being injured. :)

Edited by Moistened

15 hours ago, Pettytom said:

How many points do “lesser teams” get when they lose?

Well I think you have more experience than Blades fans perhaps you are more qualified to answer your own question.

1 hour ago, Moistened said:

Awful attempt, but he was offside. It would have been even worse if he'd scored just for it to be disallowed by VAR! 

Lundstram has been our best midfielder this season! I doubt Clarke will play again, he was only on the bench due to Billy being suspended and McGoldrick being injured. :)

He was ok at Hillsborough .

45 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

Well I think you have more experience than Blades fans perhaps you are more qualified to answer your own question.

So none?

Ah the old, "he's not good enough but he scored against Wednesday". That's alright then

The way United are playing good teams close could be that the league hasn't seen enough of them. Hope I am wrong but I remember the first time Hull came up, they were beating all the top teams, and what about Blackpool ,they were taking on all comers and doing well, Halfway through the season though things started going downhill rapidly for both these teams. Once the big teams had scrutinised their types of play from video and scouting , This happens a lot , a new kid on the block arrives and starts overachieving in the PL,but once the book is out on them they start getting hammered.

I sincerely hope that United don't come into that category and behave more like those Ipswich and Derby sides of the sixties and more recently Leicester, although they were on their 2nd season in the PL when they shocked the football world.

16 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

The way United are playing good teams close could be that the league hasn't seen enough of them. Hope I am wrong but I remember the first time Hull came up, they were beating all the top teams, and what about Blackpool ,they were taking on all comers and doing well, Halfway through the season though things started going downhill rapidly for both these teams. Once the big teams had scrutinised their types of play from video and scouting , This happens a lot , a new kid on the block arrives and starts overachieving in the PL,but once the book is out on them they start getting hammered.

I sincerely hope that United don't come into that category and behave more like those Ipswich and Derby sides of the sixties and more recently Leicester, although they were on their 2nd season in the PL when they shocked the football world.

I wouldn't worry about teams working us out, people have been saying that ever since we came up from League One! Our manager works them out, and is constantly adapting the way we play.

1 hour ago, petcharlie said:

3 years ago-what's Brian Deane doing these days?

On 28/09/2019 at 17:44, petcharlie said:

Cheer up mate can only think of a couple of clubs out of whole the english football scene who could have played them any better than us .It took a howler from a otherwise good goalie to see the European Champions come away with the points.They were lucky and without that mistake from Henderson who has been brill all season we would have shared the points.It is our finishing that at the moment is letting us down.Come back Billy we need you.

Liverpool lucky?

Hit post, should have had a penalty, Salah missed a sitter...  should have been 1- 4... and Liverpool were poor.

20 hours ago, redbig said:

So none?

Ah the old, "he's not good enough but he scored against Wednesday". That's alright then

I thought he scored twice actually . along with Fleck and Duffy if I recall was the guy that stopped all that silly bouncing.

We've made massive progress since Wilder arrived, mainly due to the system of playing wingbacks and an attacking midfielder behind the strikers. Now he's gone for a more cautious approach with a flat midfield which has made the team look more solid when defending but at the expense of support for the strikers. On Saturday there was often a large gap between our midfield and the strikers leaving them isolated. I wish he would have more confidence in the players and return to the previous formation, otherwise we might see a lot of battling, close defeats.

1 hour ago, petcharlie said:

I thought he scored twice actually . along with Fleck and Duffy if I recall was the guy that stopped all that silly bouncing.

The None refers to points against Liverpool...

Sure we were bouncing at the lane when you failed to score past us... Twice. In fact we were accused of celebrating those draws. Funny how a defeat is now being celebrated

Further posts were removed, now the thread is locked.