Blades V Liverpool

2 hours ago, geared said:

Nonsense, take on probably the best team in world and only lose by a single goal?  Thats very impressive.

The defence was decent, the attack did not relent, two features that often falter on lesser teams.

How many points do “lesser teams” get when they lose?

4 hours ago, Runningman said:

Lets face reality !

We have now lost 3 at home and it's at home where we need to pick up points.

Yeah to be fair it could be a fair point but I'd say taking into account the big picture, 12th in the league, lost less than half the games as a newly promoted side, so far so good in terms of staying up. Only lost by a goal in each of those games so not getting battered either. As you say though, onwards and upwards if they keep this start up.

This 'our home form will keep us up' thing is weird. Has anyone seen our form away from home?  It's incredible. 

We need to start picking up points at home, but it doesn't really matter where you win your games. 

Edited by Moistened

Watched the game on MOTD, great performance but lack that extra bit of finishing quality..

Was expecting a heavy defeat, and to be honest , strangely I would have not been as gutted as now, if we had been outplayed by arguably the best team in Europe.. Hendersons Howler, got to say that was one of the biggest clangers I"ve ever seen.. Happens to the best goalkeepers in the world, but why in front of 31,000 blades, and bloomin Liverpool... At least the Owls softened the blow a bit.

14 hours ago, speedy69 said:

How do you know that they wouldn't have scored after the keepers gaff?

If I was a Unitedite my biggest worry would be goals, Mcburnie is a poor man's fletcher, the Moose runs about a lot but doesn't look like he's got many goals in him and the introduction of Clarke suggests the lack of a plan B!

Oh hello I thought you had emigrated .Did they score any goals apart from the one that won the game?If they did I missed it.A poor mans Fletcher😂?

We have to remember where we were 3 years ago .It really says a lot when we feel down because we lost 1.0. to the best team in Europe .A lot of Prem teams will get battered by Liverpool this year but I bet it we will NOT be one of them.Well done guys we played really well.Another day and we would have stopped their great  run.

16 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

Oh hello I thought you had emigrated .Did they score any goals apart from the one that won the game?If they did I missed it.A poor mans Fletcher😂?

They didn't need to score more goals, that's why I posted it 😏

Are you not slightly worried that you have spent (allegedly) 19million on 2 strikers for 1 goal return, is it not concerning that Wilder is having to turn to a striker that he tried to off load to get United the goals and is it not baffling that he has turned to a midfielder who played only 10 times last season (in a lower league) for the creativity?

And yes, Mc Burnie is a poor mans Fletcher, he makes Rhodes look like a wise investment!

8 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

We have to remember where we were 3 years ago .It really says a lot when we feel down because we lost 1.0. to the best team in Europe .A lot of Prem teams will get battered by Liverpool this year but I bet it we will NOT be one of them.Well done guys we played really well.Another day and we would have stopped their great  run.

But you didn't and you haven't, if you want to celebrate defeats like victory's then crack on, it only ends one way!

57 minutes ago, speedy69 said:

They didn't need to score more goals, that's why I posted it 😏

Are you not slightly worried that you have spent (allegedly) 19million on 2 strikers for 1 goal return, is it not concerning that Wilder is having to turn to a striker that he tried to off load to get United the goals and is it not baffling that he has turned to a midfielder who played only 10 times last season (in a lower league) for the creativity?

And yes, Mc Burnie is a poor mans Fletcher, he makes Rhodes look like a wise investment!

But you didn't and you haven't, if you want to celebrate defeats like victory's then crack on, it only ends one way!

What would you know about the prem league the answer is nothing.According to your post before we have not spent anything remember?As for celebrating defeats we have had a good tutor YOU.How many games has Rhodes played for you in the Prem?He can not get in a poor Championship team so a comparison can not be given.We have gone from strength to strength in three years and moved forward quicker than any other club in the land to such a extent that you have even kept away from our post untill that is when there is a opportunity to be negative and low and behold you pop up again like a puppet out of a blow up doll on only FOOLS and horses.

1 minute ago, petcharlie said:

What would you know about the prem league the answer is nothing.According to your post before we have not spent anything remember?As for celebrating defeats we have had a good tutor YOU.How many games has Rhodes played for you in the Prem?He can not get in a poor Championship team so a comparison can not be given.We have gone from strength to strength in three years and moved forward quicker than any other club in the land to such a extent that you have even kept away from our post untill that is when there is a opportunity to be negative and low and behold you pop up again like a puppet out of a blow up doll on only FOOLS and horses.

That posts clearly indicates that you don't read other peoples posts properly 😂

3 minutes ago, speedy69 said:

That posts clearly indicates that you don't read other peoples posts properly 😂

Well thats true it is very rare I read yours because just like those dolls they are usually full of gas so I don't bother.

The bickering can stop now.

This is a match thread.  Get back on topic and post like grown ups or it will be closed.