Blades V Liverpool

No doubt that was a gritty performance from the blades, but more like that and it could prove to be very costly, why you may ask easy they,ll be chairman out there who will be putting the feelers out on the availability of CW.  Money talks. Well done blades 

Well played United, as I said yesterday " it's 11 on 11 and anything can happen". Almost a well deserved point today, tough loss, but encouraging for future endeavours.

16 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Fantham got the winner but I don't remember who else scored. It finished 2-1.

Found it on the internet. It was Billy Griffin, and Maurice Norman for Spurs.

The Owls without two regulars that day; Springett (injured) ,hence McLaren playing and Billy Griffin starting in place of Bobby Craig perhaps ?

Well we played really well, to say we were facing the European Champs.  I will look forward to the Sky Highlights or MOTD and hope that they give us a fair shake and not just Liverpool attacking. 

No Billy and no McG told a story today, just one of those things. 

Great game though.

We played brilliantly and the Liverpool manager even admits they got out of jail having said that this is three games on the trot at home where we were the better team and we have not got a point.That is a worry I can forgive Henderson because he has been great all season but there is a mistake in him from time to time.What is more of a concern is our finishing once again without Sharp we struggle putting the ball away.If we had taken half our chances the goal keepers mistake would not have been so expensive.Against Southampton we had 17 chances and lost same today we had 4 or 5 good chances we had them on the rack at times .Come January we need a goal scorer another Billy but that is easier said than done our performances are first class but our poor finishing could be costly.

Just listening to RS. ..a Blade is predicting a top six finish.

Won one out of last five!  Relegation form.

Can't believe I'm so gutted about losing 1-0 to the European champions! 

From what I've seen, we're too good to go down. I can't see how we won't improve as the season goes on. 

12 minutes ago, Moistened said:

Can't believe I'm so gutted about losing 1-0 to the European champions! 

From what I've seen, we're too good to go down. I can't see how we won't improve as the season goes on. 

Cheer up mate can only think of a couple of clubs out of whole the english football scene who could have played them any better than us .It took a howler from a otherwise good goalie to see the European Champions come away with the points.They were lucky and without that mistake from Henderson who has been brill all season we would have shared the points.It is our finishing that at the moment is letting us down.Come back Billy we need you.

1 hour ago, petcharlie said:

Cheer up mate can only think of a couple of clubs out of whole the english football scene who could have played them any better than us .It took a howler from a otherwise good goalie to see the European Champions come away with the points.They were lucky and without that mistake from Henderson who has been brill all season we would have shared the points.It is our finishing that at the moment is letting us down.Come back Billy we need you.

How do you know that they wouldn't have scored after the keepers gaff?

If I was a Unitedite my biggest worry would be goals, Mcburnie is a poor man's fletcher, the Moose runs about a lot but doesn't look like he's got many goals in him and the introduction of Clarke suggests the lack of a plan B!

Henderson always looks to have a howler in him

Lets face reality !

We have now lost 3 at home and it's at home where we need to pick up points.

There is a fine line around the bottom of the Premiership come April re relegation or staying up.

Bringing Clarke on could have been a master stroke by Wider, the guy was beaten by the awkward bounce of the ball, otherwise could have been a hugely important equaliser !

Early days yet, onwards and upwards !!

21 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Fantham got the winner but I don't remember who else scored. It finished 2-1.

Found it on the internet. It was Billy Griffin, and Maurice Norman for Spurs.

Hi Jim and thanks

Used to enjoy Bramall Lane one week and at Hillsboro' the next

Nonsense, take on probably the best team in world and only lose by a single goal?  Thats very impressive.

The defence was decent, the attack did not relent, two features that often falter on lesser teams.

Edited by geared