Boro V Owls

Glad ye going well guys lm hoping we can stay in this league think these two games preston on tuesday at home ( if any turn up }  . And brum away on sky on friday night dont get at least 4 points think we will struggle to stay in this league. Unless ol woody gets the ol boot l have  always said it was a very  bold move to give him the job.

What ever happens will stand by the lads ye have too in good and bad times..

Hope ye good streak dont hit a cliff face at Hull  but ye should win that one...

Good luck for the season guys think ye may suprise a few people...my stepsons are loving it..

1 hour ago, staninoodle said:

Brilliant first 45,we had Boro on the wrack at times,they seemed to really struggle with balls into their box and in all honesty we could have gone in with one or two more on the board,Bannan & Reach were hard to contain,and with the two big fellas pulling their defenders apart we suddenly had bodies in the box for once,big slice of fortune for the 1st goal,and a terrific equaliser,but thereafter we took the game to boro and they really fell apart.

Boro got to grips with us far better after HT and pushed further up the park and begun to make a game of it,had asombalonga not been so wastefull in front of goal it could have been a very different story.

Happy to see GM change the formation,worked a treat.

Still a work in progress as a side but its encourageing after poor performances against qpr and fulham.

There's was a terrific goal but it didn't count as two, lol.

Did anyone on here go to 'Boro?

Did we bypass midfield again (Hoof) and play in their half, or did we play a bit of football?

I'm getting a bit browned off with launching it to Fletcher for an hour, then launching it to Nuhiu for the next 36 minutes.

I suppose with two big 'uns up front at 'Boro, we would have done better with hoofing it, but it's not a style I'm attaching myself to.

Yeah, it brought a win (and a good one) but hey ho! I don't want to go back to the Howard Wilkinson days.

I'd be interested to know.

5 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Did we bypass midfield again (Hoof) and play in their half, or did we play a bit of football?

I'm getting a bit browned off with launching it to Fletcher for an hour, then launching it to Nuhiu for the next 36 minutes.

I suppose with two big 'uns up front at 'Boro, we would have done better with hoofing it, but it's not a style I'm attaching myself to.

Yeah, it brought a win (and a good one) but hey ho! I don't want to go back to the Howard Wilkinson days.

No not at all, decent wing play from Reach and assists from Bannan led to the goals, it was all played on the grass, don't worry.

5 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

The same Howard Wilkinson that got Wednesday to a fifth place finish but had to go elsewhere to win the league like Harry Catterick before him?

19 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

The same Howard Wilkinson that got Wednesday to a fifth place finish but had to go elsewhere to win the league like Harry Catterick before him?

When Harry Catterick and his replacement Vic Buckingham were there, the Owls never finished below 6th in old Div 1.

11 hours ago, St Petre said:

When Harry Catterick and his replacement Vic Buckingham were there, the Owls never finished below 6th in old Div 1.

Unfortunately, if it was before you were born then it's ancient history. Same as the title winning, cup winning era is to us. 

13 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

No not at all, decent wing play from Reach and assists from Bannan led to the goals, it was all played on the grass, don't worry.

Thanks Brooker. I've just seen some highlights and it looked tidy enough to me.

12 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Yep, the very same.

We spent more time playing cards in the South Stand than watching Wilkinson's Wednesday.

EVERY (and I mean every) goal kick the same.

EVERY (and I mean every) throw-in the same (down the line and make them have to head it out for another throw)

EVERY (and I mean every) corner the same, near post, flick it on, Chapman header at the back post.

Whack it the way you're facing and run like hell after it.

I was bored to tears. ................................. Sorry Jim.

Not my idea of entertainment

11 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Yep, the very same.

We spent more time playing cards in the South Stand than watching Wilkinson's Wednesday.

EVERY (and I mean every) goal kick the same.

EVERY (and I mean every) throw-in the same (down the line and make them have to head it out for another throw)

EVERY (and I mean every) corner the same, near post, flick it on, Chapman header at the back post.

Whack it the way you're facing and run like hell after it.

I was bored to tears. ................................. Sorry Jim.

Not my idea of entertainment

How boring to have won the league with a squad containing Chapman and six other ex Wednesday players. How boring to have knicked Cantona from under Tricky Trev's nose. What a loser!

Looks like he got lucky, cos he did nothing before and nothing since.

England manager?

Don't make me laugh!

Cantona didn't hang about very long either.

I stopped watching Wednesday when he was the Manager.

We'll agree to differ eh?

Edited by Hotmale 1954

6 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Looks like he got lucky, cos he did nothing before and nothing since.

England manager?

Don't make me laugh!

Cantona didn't hang about very long either.

I stopped watching Wednesday when he was the Manager.

We'll agree to differ eh?

So not only boring but lucky as well.

Took us up in his first season and kept us there for four years, and in the top half of the table for three of them.

Peak luck/boredom for me was at Anfield in his first season after promotion when the kop stayed behind to clap Wednesday off. They could afford to be magnanimous, they'd just won the league three times on the trot. Lawrenson, Hansen, Dalglish and the rest must have been bored into submission.

I do hope Garry Monk will show the same traits.