Boro V Owls

Nightmare.....cant believe whats happened total mess from top to bottom...that was hard to take...chuffed for you l hope to make it to the promised land think monk may be the guy to take you there...

But one things for certain l will stick by my club wear my shirt with pride next game maybe woodys last preston at home tuesday...good luck guys..

7 minutes ago, Mooks said:

Nightmare.....cant believe whats happened total mess from top to bottom...that was hard to take...chuffed for you l hope to make it to the promised land think monk may be the guy to take you there...

But one things for certain l will stick by my club wear my shirt with pride next game maybe woodys last preston at home tuesday...good luck guys..

Commiserations Mooks, you take it like the good sport that you are.

16 minutes ago, Padders said:

Commiserations Mooks, you take it like the good sport that you are.

Cheers bud no what for us just watched woodys press conference why the hell didnt he play the young eager to please players from the start like the second half....Onwards to next game ...just getting the  banter off my stepsons as usual by text ..lol

2 hours ago, ALAN 58 said:

Cannot remember the last time we went in at HT  having scored four, and away from home. Sounds like someone is getting booed off.

Alan, have the Owls ever scored four goals in the first half of a competitive league game (in our lifetime that is) ?

I remember them going a goal down to Blackburn, winning 5-1  at HT before coming out 5-4 winners early sixties. 

Cracking performance,  points off 2nd, 3 off top-game on!

What a turn up for the books, great result

i love this idea we are a top team and placed my usual bet to go up,but we havent played a top six team yet have we?,and the next 2 are easy so lets not get grand ideas yet,but a cracking win it is for sure,hope the injurys have let our hallowed turf as well.

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

i love this idea we are a top team and placed my usual bet to go up,but we havent played a top six team yet have we?,and the next 2 are easy so lets not get grand ideas yet,but a cracking win it is for sure,hope the injurys have let our hallowed turf as well.

If we are this close to top or better by Xmas then maybe we can believe but too early yet your right. Great to get a decent away win though, never seem to get much out of these so to thump then on their own turf feels good

It was a very strange though entertaining game, could have been 7-4 to the Owls, still you cant complain at four goals away from home.

Now if we can take it into Hull game we're really on a roll 

Brilliant first 45,we had Boro on the wrack at times,they seemed to really struggle with balls into their box and in all honesty we could have gone in with one or two more on the board,Bannan & Reach were hard to contain,and with the two big fellas pulling their defenders apart we suddenly had bodies in the box for once,big slice of fortune for the 1st goal,and a terrific equaliser,but thereafter we took the game to boro and they really fell apart.

Boro got to grips with us far better after HT and pushed further up the park and begun to make a game of it,had asombalonga not been so wastefull in front of goal it could have been a very different story.

Happy to see GM change the formation,worked a treat.

Still a work in progress as a side but its encourageing after poor performances against qpr and fulham.