65 Bus To Buxton

From where does it depart in Fitzalan Square? I'd be grateful if someone could tell me the number of the stop.

Guest busdriver1

Changes imminent for this service, after telling us what a good job they were going to do when "rescuing" this service, Stagecoach have withdrawn from the tender and it is being rescued by Hulleys. Minor timetable changes will also take place, presumably the cancellation of the Meadowhall extension that was tried and failed when TM ran it.

15 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:
  • D2 from the Interchange is what it says here

Sorry Annie, I can't see the 65 or Buxton on there but thanks anyway. I think the service terminates in Tideswell but sadly, I can't find that either.

01709 515151 perhaps? 

4 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

https://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=4905 (Link opens a PDF)

D2 in the bus station.

Thanks, I had a look at that earlier but didn't see D2. I'll go with that though.

11 minutes ago, Resident said:

01709 515151 perhaps? 

That's a long number for a bus stop! Which end of the road is it on?

D2 sound easier to walk to.

deff d2 i being useing this run for over 35 years. hope it survives the cuts used to be better to hanley 

On 27/09/2019 at 14:44, S6 D.I.Y said:

deff d2 i being useing this run for over 35 years. hope it survives the cuts used to be better to hanley 

you are confusing it with the old X18/X23, which is now the 218.

The 65 is a very long established local rural service that operates via Grindleford, Eyam and Tideswell.

On 26/09/2019 at 21:19, gularscute said:

Sorry Annie, I can't see the 65 or Buxton on there but thanks anyway. I think the service terminates in Tideswell but sadly, I can't find that either.

Online systems may show it as a seperate service Sheffield-Tideswell and Tideswell-Buxton as it is registered with the authorities in two parts - legally a local bus cannot be registered to run that distance without having a lot of expensive extra conditions imposed on the operation that generally only coach companies can comply with.

On ‎26‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 21:19, gularscute said:

The link that I made was not an example of the 65 departing from D2 it was to a ' live' departure screen which refreshes and which will not show any departures after the last bus has gone.

I did not realise that myself!