Wednesday V Everton

There are a few changes tonight, Rhodes back on the bench.

Tonight’s line up against Everton.

Dawson

Fox

Pelupessy

Winnall

Thorniley

Murphy

Nuhiu

Reach

Luongo

Odubajo

Iorfa

Subs:

Jones, Palmer, Lee, Rhodes, Harris, Fletcher, Bannan

Only thing I can say is its a good job it's not Sheffield United as the opposition

The blades gave everton a good whupping on Saturday, so blades v owls would be a total mismatch

1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

A top flight team, but the added twist of an ex blades player and blades fan, who is back home and wants to do damage to Wednesday....

Wouldnt rule Dom out for the hat-trick now...

As for wednesday, that old chestnut comes out doesn't it. You won't win the cup, so at least you can concentrate on the league now 😂😂. Truth be said, I can't see us going out to Sunderland, but the cup is of no objective this year! Premier league survival all the way!

I hate when fans see this as a positive, some of the top five days out I've had following football have been Cup Final appearances (particularly the '91 League Cup for obvious reasons) to forego days like that for a moderate top flight finish is one of the reasons I dislike the modern era of the game, tragic.

1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

A top flight team, but the added twist of an ex blades player and blades fan, who is back home and wants to do damage to Wednesday....

Wouldnt rule Dom out for the hat-trick now...

As for wednesday, that old chestnut comes out doesn't it. You won't win the cup, so at least you can concentrate on the league now 😂😂. Truth be said, I can't see us going out to Sunderland, but the cup is of no objective this year! Premier league survival all the way!

7 changes first 10 mins made the difference to the game & once again top flight pre-madonna's cheating thier way to a cup game that seams not to be  an pressidence to the Owls season .

Tbh Im verry dissapointed in the result with a wrong team selection & a wasteful of chances missed but hey oh on we roll to the next game, oh & what a nice gesture from Pickford giving his gloves to a young Owl after the game 😉.

4 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

Completely different kettle of fish for us and you know it. We have invested heavily in our top flight conquest, survival this year will set us up for bigger and better things, whilst revelation would leave to a transition period of books being balanced.

Cup success has no financial incentive for us, it is as simple as that. League survival on the other hand is worth mega bucks and will safeguard the club going towards....

Way too much at stake for us and for that reason the cup is completely irrelevant!

Touche ' irrelevant with 7 changes  giving playing time for squad players & making the championship a priority to gain promotion, thus too  get the mega bucks you say are in the premiership.  

45 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

Completely different kettle of fish for us and you know it. We have invested heavily in our top flight conquest, survival this year will set us up for bigger and better things, whilst revelation would leave to a transition period of books being balanced.

Cup success has no financial incentive for us, it is as simple as that. League survival on the other hand is worth mega bucks and will safeguard the club going towards....

Way too much at stake for us and for that reason the cup is completely irrelevant!

Survival this season guarantees nothing, look at Wolves the highest placed newly promoted side for years, now struggling, you can be a slave to the demands of the Sky hyped Premier League all you like but you wont be telling your grand kids about the year you finished 13th (or wherever). This season has proved how much Sky has got its claws into the minds of fans, sad to see.

Edited by Brooker11

56 minutes ago, owl.66 said:

7 changes first 10 mins made the difference to the game & once again top flight pre-madonna's cheating thier way to a cup game that seams not to be  an pressidence to the Owls season .

Tbh Im verry dissapointed in the result with a wrong team selection & a wasteful of chances missed but hey oh on we roll to the next game, oh & what a nice gesture from Pickford giving his gloves to a young Owl after the game 😉.

The manager has to see players in match action,hes only seen most of this squad in training & hel still be assessing what it can do.

Had he played Bannan and Harris from the start and one or both picked up long term injuries hed have got slaughtered,Winnall needs game time hes the only striker at the club that can get 15 goals plus in a season.

The result was poor but weve missed 3 guilt edged chances,but then so did they............

Everton fielded a fairly strong team, SWFC didn't. It was a fairly entertaining game to be fair with both sides creating chances, a good run out for the likes of Luongo (who has to be pressing for a start).

Onto 'Boro with optimism.

26 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

The manager has to see players in match action,hes only seen most of this squad in training & hel still be assessing what it can do.

Had he played Bannan and Harris from the start and one or both picked up long term injuries hed have got slaughtered,Winnall needs game time hes the only striker at the club that can get 15 goals plus in a season.

The result was poor but weve missed 3 guilt edged chances,but then so did they............

I get what you mean ,just think a poor premiership side  we're there for the taking & we didn't have that application with some players & I think Reach is in need of a rest he has been poor in the last 2 games & seems tired ? to me.

Edited by owl.66

4 hours ago, rogets said:

Only thing I can say is its a good job it's not Sheffield United as the opposition

The blades gave everton a good whupping on Saturday, so blades v owls would be a total mismatch

Wednesday put a mostly second string team out and gave a decent enough account of themselves after the 2 early goals, as for United beating them at Goodison last Saturday, yes a good result, but a smash and grab by all accounts.