Rated People

Hi , any other tradesmen had issues with said company? I use them occasionally when im a bit quiet to get in work for my painting & decorating business.  Im not a member im on a pay as you go scheme , i used them on Friday last week and bought a job from them in my area ( this allowes you the contact details of the customer) i contacted the customer numerous times and in different ways i.e phone, text & email without success.  Ive contacted Rated people who say that because im not a member and only a pay as you go customer i cant get a refund on the job! Im absolutely seething and think this is highly unfair and im actually thinking of contacting trading standards. They are providing a service that for all i know the customers could be made up / or dont want any work doing? Any other people had any problems similar to me? Thanks in advance

Companies like these are just con artists. AVOID !!!

Post removed for abusing the moderation team. We are a group of volunteers who give up a lot of our free time to ensure that the forum can run. If you don't agree with a moderation you can go to the help desk. Any further abuse of the team is likely going to get your account suspended.

If they have promised you a lead and you haven't received that lead then it is miss-selling and you should be entitled to a refund.  Try bark, I get a few leads a day and they have a guarantee.

1 hour ago, Craig76 said:

Hi , any other tradesmen had issues with said company? I use them occasionally when im a bit quiet to get in work for my painting & decorating business.  Im not a member im on a pay as you go scheme , i used them on Friday last week and bought a job from them in my area ( this allowes you the contact details of the customer) i contacted the customer numerous times and in different ways i.e phone, text & email without success.  Ive contacted Rated people who say that because im not a member and only a pay as you go customer i cant get a refund on the job! Im absolutely seething and think this is highly unfair and im actually thinking of contacting trading standards. They are providing a service that for all i know the customers could be made up / or dont want any work doing? Any other people had any problems similar to me? Thanks in advance

From a strictly legal point of view there is not a great deal you can do. You many have a contract with Rated People to provide you with leads, but you have no contract with the potential customer who is a private citizen and free to choose who they do or don’t answer their phone to.

If you believe that they are inventing customer details in order to drum up business, then that is a matter for Trading Standards or even the police but neither will act on a single report.

I wont be using them again and i shall be informing trading standards.....thanks Hadron 

Is it only ME that find this absolutely shocking?

Someone is WILLING to pay a company for a lead?

(That may or may not EVEN EXIST.).!

Craig76. Do things the Old Fashioned way. Get some leaflets printed and shove them through as many Letter Boxes as you can.

If you are good at what you do then you will soon earn a good reputation and plenty of Clients.

Edited by FinBak

4 hours ago, Hadron said:

If they have promised you a lead and you haven't received that lead then it is miss-selling and you should be entitled to a refund.  

Only if the company has given a guarantee that every lead will be successful which I seriously doubt that it did. 

9 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Only if the company has given a guarantee that every lead will be successful which I seriously doubt that it did. 

No company can give that kind of guarantee.

17 minutes ago, kidley said:

No company can give that kind of guarantee.

Exactly!

I also agree with FinBak about the use of pre-paid agencies. I’m self employed and get work through word of mouth and recommendation but if I ever did use an agency it would be on the basis that they would only get money when I got money either through a finders fee or commission.

Some people have to live and learn,  No disrespect intended.

I used this company to try and find someone reputable to put up a garden fence. Despite giving full details they told me no-one was interested and to add other jobs I might have. This rang alarm bells so I withdrew