Abandoned Child's Bike

Has anyone had a child’s bike stolen recently (around 2 weeks ago roughly)

there one been dumped near me,it looks in good condition but chain is broken.

if you think it may be yours message me with the details

7 hours ago, giraffelegs said:

Has anyone had a child’s bike stolen recently (around 2 weeks ago roughly)

there one been dumped near me,it looks in good condition but chain is broken.

if you think it may be yours message me with the details

I've tried messaging  you but it says it's blocked.

Sure an abandoned one in the jennel off Walkley Lane yesterday too. 

the trouble is today we just dump bikes ,when the go wrong ect,in my day in the 60s they were sold to a younger kids ,and you bought a second hand one from a older child,in fact we recycled more inn them days,milk bottles,pop bottles and never dumped anything unless it was past its best in every way,old best clothes were sold or used as play cloths,newspapers were used for fires,chip paper,cleaning windows ect.

3 hours ago, bassett one said:

the trouble is today we just dump bikes ,when the go wrong ect,in my day in the 60s they were sold to a younger kids ,and you bought a second hand one from a older child,in fact we recycled more inn them days,milk bottles,pop bottles and never dumped anything unless it was past its best in every way,old best clothes were sold or used as play cloths,newspapers were used for fires,chip paper,cleaning windows ect.

I remember going to my Grand parents back in the early 70's. They were absolutely loaded but insisted on keeping an 'Outside Loo' and the toilet paper was neatly cut squares of newspaper hung on a piece of string.!

We hated going...But it was a chore we had to endure.

The christmas presents were awful, a second hand book wrapped in glossy xmas paper..!!

We stayed over one time and to keep us warm in bed we were given a HOUSE BRICK (that had been warmed up in the kitchen coal fire).. covered in a very thick sock .,!

No modern fandangled hot water bottles here lad..!

Fond memories though.

2 hours ago, FinBak said:

I remember going to my Grand parents back in the early 70's. They were absolutely loaded but insisted on keeping an 'Outside Loo' and the toilet paper was neatly cut squares of newspaper hung on a piece of string.!

We hated going...But it was a chore we had to endure.

The christmas presents were awful, a second hand book wrapped in glossy xmas paper..!!

We stayed over one time and to keep us warm in bed we were given a HOUSE BRICK (that had been warmed up in the kitchen coal fire).. covered in a very thick sock .,!

No modern fandangled hot water bottles here lad..!

Fond memories though.

Luxury!!

The bike will have been dumped due to the chain being broken , like Bassett says. It is well beyond the abilities of many adults let alone kids to repair a chain or even a puncture. Chuck it in the skip and we'll buy a new 'un.