Court Ruling Goes Against Johnson

I think that this confirms what both my leaver and remain friends are agreed on-the referendum has shown all politicians as self serving  hypocrites.I have voted in every local and national election since I became eligible to vote 47 years ago but feel so disillusioned I will really struggle to engage with any party in the forthcoming election 

11 hours ago, apelike said:

No I dont do polls as I cant stand them and I always lie. Funny enough though when I was asked I stated the same and they then said they take it into account! I've always wondered as well if they select people at random or whether they have some sort of database where they select people from. But.. it seems from your post its people that have joined and get paid which seems odd.

You HAVE to join YouGov (or any other survey site)  before you will be asked to do a survey, and you wouldn't have joined as you said you can't stand doing them or have I misunderstood your post?

Edited by Sidonica

8 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

As I said before, Johnson is going nowhere. In fact, on having a flutter on him winning the next election with a workable majority. 

I'm getting that impression too.   Too many people suffering from Brexit fatique - Remainers included, and tired of the efforts politicians are going to in order to delay Brexit.    

Farage was critical of Johnson on the BBC this morning, but I can't help think they're going to do something together if there is an election.  Either a coalition or the Brexit party will stand aside for Tory candidates.  

8 hours ago, catmiss said:

I think that this confirms what both my leaver and remain friends are agreed on-the referendum has shown all politicians as self serving  hypocrites.I have voted in every local and national election since I became eligible to vote 47 years ago but feel so disillusioned I will really struggle to engage with any party in the forthcoming election 

You're not alone.  You've still got the core supporters of Leave and Remain who will applaud the politicans working on both sides, but I'm seeing an increasing number of people sick of both sides.

Edited by alchresearch

Rees Mogg has apparently called the judgement of the Supreme Court "a constitutional coup". When asked about this Gove first ducked the question three times then uttered guff about "not recognising that language".

I thought the Tories were supposed to the party of law and order now they're throwing their toys out of the pram when judges rule on law, which is what judges are there to do.

Still, instead of crying to nanny he could appeal to the European Courts.

Lord Heseltine said of Moggs' comments

"This is a Tory, this is someone who believes in the high principles of Conservatism, taking about a constitutional coup when he’s lost a legal case. If I’m arraigned on some sort of criminal charge in the courts, and I then said ‘Well, of course it’s a personal vendetta’, people would laugh. Yet we’ve got the leader of the House of Commons talking about the unanimous judgment of 11 judges, calling it a constitutional coup."

41 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

(...)

Farage was critical of Johnson on the BBC this morning, but I can't help think they're going to do something together if there is an election.  Either a coalition or the Brexit party will stand aside for Tory candidates.  

(...)

Seen reports last night, that 2/3 of Tory membership would be favourable to an electoral alliance with the BXP.

Tbh, no shame whatsoever exhibited by the Tories for the past 3-4 years, so there's no valid reason to suppose that they'd start to develop any now.

11 hours ago, taxman said:

Yeah, Annunciata, the bane of the Establishment, the outlaw rebel standing up for the common man against the evil oppressors of the Oxbridge/Eton/Bullingdon elite.

Yep, that one.

This reminds me of a recent post by Angelfire1 (IIRC), and is what I find the most dumbfounding across the entire Brexit thing, from the start to this day: that a large gang of socially-illiterate silver-spooned millionaire Etonians, imbued of that sense of being born to rule, and moreover openly backed by self-interested billionaires, successfully convinced millions upon millions of working and middle class voters, that they are the best option against 'the elite' :rolleyes:

51 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

I'm getting that impression too.   Too many people suffering from Brexit fatique - Remainers included, and tired of the efforts politicians are going to in order to delay Brexit.    

Good point on farage. I found it interesting that whilst Rees mogg et al were piling on the judicery Nigel took careful aim at Cummings. I'm not one for coincidence so I reckon a deal is already in motion. Id better get my bet made because if that actually breaks the odds will drop!

I know the country is fed up with brexit, but is it that fed up that it will say "Yeah, no deal then coz I'm bored"? We can't be there yet can we?

45 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Good point on farage. I found it interesting that whilst Rees mogg et al were piling on the judicery Nigel took careful aim at Cummings. I'm not one for coincidence so I reckon a deal is already in motion. Id better get my bet made because if that actually breaks the odds will drop!

I know the country is fed up with brexit, but is it that fed up that it will say "Yeah, no deal then coz I'm bored"? We can't be there yet can we?

Enough people don't understand that "no deal" means years of negotiations to get agreements back in place for trade, cross border cooperation etc that it could happen because they think "no deal" means an end to the focus on brexit.

Gove has referred to Johnson as being akin to Pep Guardiola

The Cabinet Office minister told LBC: "I think it is only fair to say that Boris is the Pep Guardiola of British politics."

Not sure when the last time was that Man City lost 6 league games in a row then got trounced 11-0 in a cup game.

Gove....what a plank.

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

All farage is doing is covering himself in the cloak of respectability when he is criticising Johnson's actions

2 hours ago, taxman said:

Gove has referred to Johnson as being akin to Pep Guardiola

The Cabinet Office minister told LBC: "I think it is only fair to say that Boris is the Pep Guardiola of British politics."

Not sure when the last time was that Man City lost 6 league games in a row then got trounced 11-0 in a cup game.

Gove....what a plank.

What most Tory MP's know about football can be written on the back of a postage stamp.

15 minutes ago, Longcol said:

What most Tory MP's know about football can be written on the back of a postage stamp.

David Mellor? 😉