Court Ruling Goes Against Johnson

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Jacob Rees-Mogg’s sister Anastasia is now demanding that we know how the 11 Supreme Court judges voted in the 2016 referendum! 😵 The ruling may not have been ‘about Brexit’ but it sure has got Brexiteers in a fuming frenzy.

In other news, Dominic Cummings has spent the afternoon briefing against the Supreme Court judges but during a conference call between Johnson and senior cabinet colleagues several of them expressed strong disapproval of this tactic in light of the fact that Johnson was getting very little support this side of the Atlantic.

In international news, Donald Trump in New York this morning described Boris Johnson as ‘doing a very good job as Prime Minister for Britain. Before anyone calls Trump a deluded idiot, his comment isn’t because he’s misinformed it is because he neither knows nor cares how well Bozo is doing because it is of little interest to him now that he has had his state visit with the queen.

Those Brexiteers who that Trump will ride to the UK’s rescue in a post-Brexit world need to go and ask a grown up what ‘America First’ actually means.

Seemingly it's not that difficult to get Brexiteers into a fuming frenzy. As for Anastasia, it doesn't surprise me that she came out with that guff. She's from the same stock as Jacob. Poor cow.

1 minute ago, L00b said:

Do you mean Annunciata, the Brexit Party MEP?

My apologies. I knew that it was an old fashioned High Church name and toyed with Angelica before settling on Anastasia.

I’ve been working since 6am this morning and usually would have ‘fact checked’ that one.

23 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

My apologies. I knew that it was an old fashioned High Church name and toyed with Angelica before settling on Anastasia.

I’ve been working since 6am this morning and usually would have ‘fact checked’ that one.

doesnt matter about fact checking, its brexit related, nobody else (especially leavers) fact check a single thing

3 minutes ago, melthebell said:

doesnt matter about fact checking, its brexit related, nobody else (especially leavers) fact check a single thing

True, but even a class enemy like Annunciata Rees-Mogg deserves to be addressed by her correct name.

By the way, anyone wishing to get an insight into the bizarre world of High Church English aristocracy such as that of the Rees-Mogg family could do worse than read Evelyn Waugh’s ‘Brideshead Revisited’.

It goes a long way to explain how generations of social and sexual repression create a family of people who are so socially absurd.

22 minutes ago, melthebell said:

More "I Fought The Law And The Law Laughed" 😎

It’s all massively destabilising and achieves nothing new. Putin and Keqiang must be laughing their head off. 

Just now, Hadron said:

It’s all massively destabilising and achieves nothing new. Putin and Keqiang must be laughing their head off. 

Au contraire - makes it a tad more difficult for Putin to achieve his objective of breaking up the EU.

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

Au contraire - makes it a tad more difficult for Putin to achieve his objective of breaking up the EU.

That’s very true.

This whole Brexit Project has immensely strengthened the position of the EU and has made sure that no other member will be looking to leave any time soon.

1 hour ago, L00b said:

Do you mean Annunciata, the Brexit Party MEP?

Before Brexit, never in a million years did I think that politics in the UK could ever stoop so low. A mainline British politician wilfully outing herself as an outright fascist. 

What a look. And the world is watching.

Yeah, Annunciata, the bane of the Establishment, the outlaw rebel standing up for the common man against the evil oppressors of the Oxbridge/Eton/Bullingdon elite.

Yep, that one.

2 minutes ago, CaptainSwing said:

I believe the Rees-Moggs are Roman Catholic (as was Waugh), not High Church.

I am using ‘High Church’ of England as a euphemism for ‘Catholic’. (Tony Blair, Anne Widdecombe).

And so it came to pass, the right wing press side with johnson. Its not even vaguely hidden, not even nuanced. The top 11 judges - all 11 - are wrong.

BBC News - Newspaper headlines: Johnson 'defiant' after 'damning' court ruling
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-49820055

As I said before, Johnson is going nowhere. In fact, on having a flutter on him winning the next election with a workable majority.