Court Ruling Goes Against Johnson

8 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

as far as i'm aware, May wasn't going to prorogue parliament.

the supreme court has been consistent in it's support for parliamentary soverignty against an executive intent on suppressing it.

My apologies as you are correct. A 50 was about the government using its prerogative powers to bypass parliament and was not about proroguing parliament as I had stated. The common denominator though was in both cases it seemed to be an attempt to bypass parliament.

3 hours ago, Michael_W said:

complete with Thungbergesque drama queens getting in on the act !

Oh yes, you must be referring to the 16 year old Swedish girl who is now probably the second most significant figure in world politics after Donald Trump.

Does it grate that she has done more since the age of 15 than you will ever do in your whole sorry life? 😵

So the lying, cheating, racist, sexist PM has been found to be acting unlawfully - how Trumpesque.

Time for BoJo to Go!

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Oh yes, you must be referring to the 16 year old Swedish girl who is now probably the second most significant figure in world politics after Donald Trump.

Does it grate that she has done more since the age of 15 than you will ever do in your whole sorry life? 😵

It says something about someone's character when they stoop as low as attacking a 16 year old autistic schoolgirl.

Donald Trump, Brendan O'Neill, Toby Young have all been at it. 

Really big brave men....(though Stormy Daniels testifies that Trump is anything but a big man :hihi:)

A Brexit Party MEP on Andrew Neil’s show just now  came unstuck when, after criticising the Supreme Court ruling as a total disgrace, was reminded that one of the main ambitions of Brexiteers was to allow British matters to be presided over by British Courts. 😂🤣😂

2 hours ago, apelike said:

A poll of 4112 selected people were asked if the agreed or not with the court ruling.

Here are the stats rather than just a sound bite and goes into more detail.

https://yougov.co.uk/opi/surveys/results#/survey/a7388ec5-deb1-11e9-893d-c704f8db7413/question/d1005b9b-deb1-11e9-b218-471a79ab5a97/politics

You could always join yourself and get paid for your opinion, it's not difficult, they don't ask you if you are a brexiteer.

19 minutes ago, Sidonica said:

You could always join yourself and get paid for your opinion, it's not difficult, they don't ask you if you are a brexiteer.

No I dont do polls as I cant stand them and I always lie. Funny enough though when I was asked I stated the same and they then said they take it into account! I've always wondered as well if they select people at random or whether they have some sort of database where they select people from. But.. it seems from your post its people that have joined and get paid which seems odd.

Edited by apelike

3 hours ago, apelike said:

I think it was L00b  that was doing that not me!

How do you work that one out? :rolleyes:

Jacob Rees-Mogg’s sister Anastasia is now demanding that we know how the 11 Supreme Court judges voted in the 2016 referendum! 😵 The ruling may not have been ‘about Brexit’ but it sure has got Brexiteers in a fuming frenzy.

In other news, Dominic Cummings has spent the afternoon briefing against the Supreme Court judges but during a conference call between Johnson and senior cabinet colleagues several of them expressed strong disapproval of this tactic in light of the fact that Johnson was getting very little support this side of the Atlantic.

In international news, Donald Trump in New York this morning described Boris Johnson as ‘doing a very good job as Prime Minister for Britain. Before anyone calls Trump a deluded idiot, his comment isn’t because he’s misinformed it is because he neither knows nor cares how well Bozo is doing because it is of little interest to him now that he has had his state visit with the queen.

Those Brexiteers who that Trump will ride to the UK’s rescue in a post-Brexit world need to go and ask a grown up what ‘America First’ actually means.

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Jacob Rees-Mogg’s sister Anastasia is now demanding that we know how the 11 Supreme Court judges voted in the 2016 referendum! 😵 The ruling may not have been ‘about Brexit’ but it sure has got Brexiteers in a fuming frenzy.

Time to get nanny on the case!

9 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Jacob Rees-Mogg’s sister Anastasia is now demanding that we know how the 11 Supreme Court judges voted in the 2016 referendum! 😵 

Do you mean Annunciata, the Brexit Party MEP?

Before Brexit, never in a million years did I think that politics in the UK could ever stoop so low. A mainline British politician wilfully outing herself as an outright fascist. 

What a look. And the world is watching.

Edited by L00b