Court Ruling Goes Against Johnson

11 minutes ago, apelike said:

Leavers have put up with this for over 3 years.

cry cry dribble dribble sniff sniff

snowflakes ;)

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I’ve not seen much support for him today, apart from a few extreme Leave supporters. Even Farage has criticised him and called for Dominic Cummings to get the boot. 

YouGov have just done a poll on the Supreme Court ruling, and the result is that fewer people support Johnson than the court. As reported on PM, Radio 4

9 minutes ago, melthebell said:

cry cry dribble dribble sniff sniff

snowflakes ;)

I think it was L00b  that was doing that not me!

Please try to stay on topic.

If you want to only discuss Brexit/the referendum/leavers/remainers please do so in the existing thread.

Thank you.

28 minutes ago, Mister M said:

YouGov have just done a poll on the Supreme Court ruling, and the result is that fewer people support Johnson than the court. As reported on PM, Radio 4

A poll of 4112 selected people were asked if the agreed or not with the court ruling.

Here are the stats rather than just a sound bite and goes into more detail.

https://yougov.co.uk/opi/surveys/results#/survey/a7388ec5-deb1-11e9-893d-c704f8db7413/question/d1005b9b-deb1-11e9-b218-471a79ab5a97/politics

Edited by apelike

27 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Choose what you believe in fella ……… You Gov though lol

I haven’t bothered to read the rest of the thread, but surely this is it for Johnson.

You can’t mislead the queen and prevent parliamentary scrutiny.  He must go.

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

I haven’t bothered to read the rest of the thread, but surely this is it for Johnson.

You can’t mislead the queen and prevent parliamentary scrutiny.  He must go.

I dont think so. He will probably stay on and wait until a GE is forced on him.

Just now, apelike said:

I dont think so. He will probably stay on and wait until a GE is forced on him.

But, if he does that and wins, he’ll still be unfit for office.

This isn’t a little mistake. It is a constitutional outrage.  I’d rather he stayed personally, because he’s so gaffe prone that he’d struggle to win a majority. But this isn’t about Leave/Remain or Tory/Labour. This is about the credibility of the Prime Minister.

9 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

But, if he does that and wins, he’ll still be unfit for office.

This isn’t a little mistake. It is a constitutional outrage.  I’d rather he stayed personally, because he’s so gaffe prone that he’d struggle to win a majority. But this isn’t about Leave/Remain or Tory/Labour. This is about the credibility of the Prime Minister.

I agree, except for the bit about a majority which I think he would get, but if he does not resign then how will he be forced out? What he did may be unlawful but so was the judgement in the other Miller case against the government and despite that brexit is still on-going.

Edited by apelike

3 minutes ago, apelike said:

I agree, except for the bit about a majority which I think he would get, but if he does not resign then how will he be forced out?

I’m not sure that he can be forced out.

If he doesn’t go, the crisis deepens 

10 minutes ago, apelike said:

Here are the stats rather than just a sound bite and goes into more detail.

Basically if you are a Conservative or a Leave supporter you think the Supreme Court was wrong. If you support any other party, are a Remain supporter or are a neutral, you agree with the court decision. 

Even over a fifth of Leave supporters disagree with the decision, so it looks like trying to paint Bozo’s shenanigans as ‘Parliament vs the people’ has fallen right on it’s arse.