Court Ruling Goes Against Johnson

32 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Democracy is now officially dead in the UK.

On the contrary. Democracy has been strengthened immensely by this ruling.  

Any future government will now know that trying to exclude Parliament in order to push through its own agenda will not work.

10 minutes ago, Longcol said:

So how is the judgement against "the will of the people" if it allows Parliament time to achieve a deal rather than being railroaded into a no deal by prorogation?

Who is saying it is? To my mind, it is probably the right judgement. I'm not trying to imply otherwise.

What is against the "will of the people", is how (some) MP's are trying to derail Brexit and have us remain in the EU. For this, they are not being held accountable by any court I'm aware of.

It seems iniquitous. Some (BJ and co) held accountable, others are not. I'm very much of the impression that most people do not give a fig about fairness and equality, they don't care for such things to be applied universally, so long as things are taking a direction to their liking...

Edited by Waldo

48 minutes ago, jon&emma said:

He’s trying to imply that Brexiteers are ALL racist 

Well having been on the « Stop the Coup” demo three weeks ago in London and looking at the drunken Tommy supporting  scum the police had to usher away from the crowd I can understand why anyone could mistakenly think that.

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

For this, they are not being held accountable by any court I'm aware of.

What law do you think they've broken?

Well there you go, let the Anarchy commence

Get you ultion locks fitted and the barb wire coils out.

Edited by Hadron

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Who is saying it is? To my mind, it is probably the right judgement. I'm not trying to imply otherwise.

What is against the "will of the people", is how (some) MP's are trying to derail Brexit and have us remain in the EU. For this, they are not being held accountable by any court I'm aware of.

they haven't broken any law and i imagine you will have the option of holding one of them to account in a few weeks, though you might have to move house to do so. 

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

It seems iniquitous. Some (BJ and co) held accountable, others are not. I'm very much of the impression that most people do not give a fig about fairness and equality, they don't care for such things to be applied universally, so long as things are taking a direction to their liking...

BJ and his gang lied to the Queen, no one else has. A couple of hundred years ago the monarch would have dealt with such an event more directly. 

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Well maybe it would help if you could point out what law you think they may have broken.

38 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

This judgement has everything to do with Brexit!

Bozo was elected leader of the Conservative Party, purely because he promised that he would take the UK out of the EU on October 31st deal or no deal. Parliament made it clear that it would prevent the UK leaving with no deal and Johnson said that he would prevent them from doing that by suspending Parliament. He then went to the queen and gave her some old fanny about how he wanted to  prorogue Parliament so that she could make a speech about all his great new policies.

He lied to the sovereign in order to prevent Parliament interfere with his Brexit ambitions. It couldn’t be more about Brexit if you wrapped it in a flag of St George and slapped a comedy Nigel Farage mask on it! 🙄

The judge said at the beginning this was nothing to do with brexit.

Initially the lower court were saying it was not a matter for the courts to rule on. 

Boris would have got his way then, if it had not gone to the supreme court. 

8 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Can you explain your logic please, how you are concluding that...

Not okay for government to ignore parliament.

Perfectly okay for parliament to ignore the will of the people.

Equates to me stating that the judgement is against the will of the people.

I'm just not seeing it...

9 minutes ago, ads36 said:

What law do you think they've broken?

Exactly!

There is no law to prohibit this particular form of wrong doing. So naturally, PM's can indulge themselves with impunity and without fear of being held accountable.

Edited by Waldo

Leavers, 2 weeks ago : this prorogation has nothing to do with Brexit.

Leavers, today : they're thwarting Brexit!

(nicked off Twitter)

Edited by ads36