Bus Strike Autumn 1959

Anybody remember how long it lasted?  I walked to & from school several times but eventually got fed up (it was at least 3 miles away). The strike lasted several weeks & I seem to remember it was maybe 6 weeks long but surely that can't be right.

Not sure how long the bus strike lasted but the same year-1959- there was a national newspaper strike that affected the Sheffield Star & Telegraph.

2 hours ago, fatrajah said:

Anybody remember how long it lasted?  I walked to & from school several times but eventually got fed up (it was at least 3 miles away). The strike lasted several weeks & I seem to remember it was maybe 6 weeks long but surely that can't be right.

I remember that because our school was over 3 miles away and we walked but our teachers told us to thumb lifts, imagine that today ? I can't remember how long it lasted but it did seem a long time especially  when you were walking there and back each day.

I remember the Strike went on quite a awhile, my girl friend worked at C&A s in town  and she used to stay at her sisters on St Phillips Rd and walk to work .