Cup Matches This Week

Anyone going to forecast this weeks cup matches

Mine are Hillboro 0-0   Bramall Lane 1-0

1 hour ago, barry-333 said:

Anyone going to forecast this weeks cup matches

Mine are Hillboro 0-0   Bramall Lane 1-0

Very unpredictable these sort of matches Baz.. to be honest I"ve not got a lot of enthusiasm .

Having said that, be nice to see both teams progressing.

Wouldn't mind going owls v everton tomorrow. They're saying tickets can only be purchased from ticket office or online but the online shop won't let me click on any of the options for the game 😕

18 minutes ago, Colin Foster said:

Wouldn't mind going owls v everton tomorrow. They're saying tickets can only be purchased from ticket office or online but the online shop won't let me click on any of the options for the game 😕

Have you logged in first?

Can't say I am all that bothered this cup seems to have lost it's magic do not know why perhaps if they named it the league cup it might rekindle my interest .Have forgot what they call it now it seems to change so much.

2 hours ago, Colin Foster said:

Yes

I've just been on and its fine, its a seperate log in to the normal website, you use your ID number and password.

2 hours ago, petcharlie said:

Can't say I am all that bothered this cup seems to have lost it's magic do not know why perhaps if they named it the league cup it might rekindle my interest .Have forgot what they call it now it seems to change so much.

Its another competition that the top clubs have no interest in until the latter stages, they are too scared of losing their place in the almighty Premier League.

43 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

I've just been on and its fine, its a seperate log in to the normal website, you use your ID number and password.

Its another competition that the top clubs have no interest in until the latter stages, they are too scared of losing their place in the almighty Premier League.

Well it is the money that makes it that way i suppose.Turning out in front of 5 or 6 thousand when they are used to 30 thou must dent their enthusiasm .It should not be that way when they are on the money they draw every week .The actual cup as you say is not of great interest to them you can tell that by the squads they pick for such games.It is only in the final games of the cup when they take it seriously knowing of the doors it opens to yet more money.

It is a shame I suppose because smaller clubs rely on the games to generate well needed cash .It is a life line to small clubs and if they draw a prem team creates great interest amongst their fans and can mean a big difference to the finances of the clubs.Cup days were always special in years gone by but it has lost that magic ,another example of the big boys spoiling this once special competition.Not to long back Man Utd asked to be excused from the cup they had bigger fish and more money to grab yet another example of cheapening the cup.

Edited by petcharlie
more topical interest

2 hours ago, petcharlie said:

Well it is the money that makes it that way i suppose.Turning out in front of 5 or 6 thousand when they are used to 30 thou must dent their enthusiasm .It should not be that way when they are on the money they draw every week .The actual cup as you say is not of great interest to them you can tell that by the squads they pick for such games.It is only in the final games of the cup when they take it seriously knowing of the doors it opens to yet more money.

It is a shame I suppose because smaller clubs rely on the games to generate well needed cash .It is a life line to small clubs and if they draw a prem team creates great interest amongst their fans and can mean a big difference to the finances of the clubs.Cup days were always special in years gone by but it has lost that magic ,another example of the big boys spoiling this once special competition.Not to long back Man Utd asked to be excused from the cup they had bigger fish and more money to grab yet another example of cheapening the cup.

In it's early days first division teams would not even enter it until they were made to,and that includes the Sheffield clubs.

I think even Rotherham got to the late stages in the first one,could have been the final which was a two leg affair then.Memory is not what it was, so I could be wrong there.I do know it was a few years before the final was played.at Wembley.

Edited by Ontarian1981

5 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

I know I've logged in with that, wonder why it's not working for me?

2 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

In it's early days first division teams would not even enter it until they were made to,and that includes the Sheffield clubs.

I think even Rotherham got to the late stages in the first one,could have been the final which was a two leg affair then.Memory is not what it was, so I could be wrong there.I do know it was a few years before the final was played.at Wembley.

An old work colleague of mine Roy Ironside was Rotherham's keeper in that game, I think it was Villa they played in the final.

2 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

An old work colleague of mine Roy Ironside was Rotherham's keeper in that game, I think it was Villa they played in the final.

I thought they were in the final, but there was little reporting on the event by the press they treat it like it was equivalent to the Johnstone Paint Trophy of today lol. Or about as important as the County Cup, remember that ? I vaguely remember that goalie Ironside, but it was a bit later when my mates talked me into going to Rotherham's matches, although my mum was a Rotherham fan earlier. I would never go with her. The Rotherham goalie I saw most was Gordon Morritt in the mid 60s.