Lost Camera In Sheffield

Has anyone found a canon digital camera lost in Sheffield on 20/09/19. It is my wife's camera with 4 years of photos on the sd card including our disabled son. Possibly lost in the wicker area of Sheffield or on a number 52 bus.

There is a reward of £100 for return. camera not important but sd card with photos badly missed. Wife devastated.

Get in touch with the bus company see if anyone has handed it into the driver.

Even if you get it back you seriously need to look into making backups.  SD cards and their data don't last forever.  

Nightman  someone posted on Face book sure it was Saturday they had found a digital camera on Nursery Street  could this be yours ?

Edited by gatoruby

I hope you got it back. I recently lost all my photos for the last year or more when I was thinking of making  a back up from a 1GB SD card . It suddenly became impossible to read and computer does not recognise any files at all. PLUS , the camera cannot read any images either .Someone told me it might be still possible to read them .Does  anyone know ?

3 hours ago, radio_peter said:

I hope you got it back. I recently lost all my photos for the last year or more when I was thinking of making  a back up from a 1GB SD card . It suddenly became impossible to read and computer does not recognise any files at all. PLUS , the camera cannot read any images either .Someone told me it might be still possible to read them .Does  anyone know ?

I know this may seem obvious, but have you tried cleaning the contacts on the SD card? And have you tried it in a different computer?

I have a 10 year old 4GB SD card and everything is still on it and it works perfectly.! (I have never heard of an SD card 'Wearing out'.)

Another thing that can cause problems are magnets. Has your SD card been stored near anything magnetic?

Failing that....This article will be of great help to you. (Just click on the Link below.)

https://iboysoft.com/data-recovery/raw-drive-recovery/fix-and-recover-corrupted-and-unreadable-sd-memory-card.html

Let us know how you get on.

Edited by FinBak