Rucksack Stolen from Currys PC World lorry 21/09/2019

Hello, my husband is a driver for Currys PC World (KnowHow) and while making a delivery in Sheffield today, some lads were seen entering his lorry and stealing his rucksack which contained, amongst other items, his driving licence, HGV drivers card and car keys.  His second man was in the back of the lorry getting the next delivery ready 😥  He'd done multiple drops in the Sheffield area and unfortunately can't remember the exact location where this happened.  Hopefully the thieving gets will have dumped his rucksack along with the contents as they're of little value to a thief so if anyone has found it or sees it, I'd be extremely grateful if you could contact me.  The rucksack is blue and black.  Thank you 

1 hour ago, Jane Hewitt said:

Hello, my husband is a driver for Currys PC World (KnowHow) and while making a delivery in Sheffield today, some lads were seen entering his lorry and stealing his rucksack which contained, amongst other items, his driving licence, HGV drivers card and car keys.  His second man was in the back of the lorry getting the next delivery ready 😥  He'd done multiple drops in the Sheffield area and unfortunately can't remember the exact location where this happened.  Hopefully the thieving gets will have dumped his rucksack along with the contents as they're of little value to a thief so if anyone has found it or sees it, I'd be extremely grateful if you could contact me.  The rucksack is blue and black.  Thank you 

I used to do this job for Currys a good few years ago and hated it, even back then tho we were warned that cars and vans follow your van around hoping to steal either personal belongings and/or stock that is on the van(e.g. tv's laptops)

One pair of lads did actually get a large plasma tv stole off their van, it was about the time that lcd and plasma screens were launched and it cost a fortune. 

One of the worst jobs I've ever had.

I can imagine in certain areas delivering anything is fraught with trouble leaving the van but...

the other day I was stuck behind one of curry’s/pc worlds vans whilst the drivers were making a delivery

they had parked directly opposite another vehicle so blocking the road completely in both directions

if they had parked a matter of 10 foot further up the road then traffic would have been able to pass

the delivery was via a sack barrow so surely another 10 foot to wheel it wouldn’t have hurt them.

all the time they were absent from the truck the back door was open with both members of staff in the house

anyone could have helped themselves to the contents of the truck

all the gobby younger of staff said was “we can have 15minutes to block the road”

inconsiderate say I.

Your comment has absolutely nothing at all to do with my post Ian, but just to say unless you have ever had to try and manoeuvre an American fridge/freezer, washing machine or other similar, huge, very heavy appliance down a residential street because you're unable to park anywhere close to the delivery address than you cannot for one minute understand the delivery driver's impossible situation, especially given that they're allocated only a few minutes to make the delivery.    In any case my husband is a very polite and courteous driver and, given some of the unreasonable, rude and ignorant gits he has to deal with on a daily basis, he deserves a frickin' medal!  Parking wasn't an issue in this instance anyway. 

P.S.  The lorry wasn't left unattended as I stated in my post

I don't think anyone who's just going about their work should have to put up with people making comments about how they do it. There seems to be certain jobs i.e. cleaners, postmen, deliverymen that are easy targets for people to have a pop at. Ian, I'm sure your experience was very annoying but spare a though for the poor delivery men. 😊

Hope your husband gets his rucksack back Jane.

My point was how inconsiderate they were blocking the road for other users when 10 foot away there was a space to park up leaving the road clear

making a journey from the van 40 ft rather than 30 when the goods are on a trolley wouldn’t hurt

BTW I’m well used to moving very heavy machinery  around but will always put consideration of other people first

Sorry Ian. I suppose it's one of those situations when you have to be there to understand. 😃

22 hours ago, ianparkin said:

My point was how inconsiderate they were blocking the road for other users when 10 foot away there was a space to park up leaving the road clear

making a journey from the van 40 ft rather than 30 when the goods are on a trolley wouldn’t hurt

BTW I’m well used to moving very heavy machinery  around but will always put consideration of other people first

I understood your post but it was completely irrelevant with regard to mine, you just wanted to vent about lorry drivers!  All it did was annoy me and upset me even more than I already was in what was a very stressful and upsetting situation.   Glad you feel better for it though!

23 hours ago, Rollypolly said:

I don't think anyone who's just going about their work should have to put up with people making comments about how they do it. There seems to be certain jobs i.e. cleaners, postmen, deliverymen that are easy targets for people to have a pop at. Ian, I'm sure your experience was very annoying but spare a though for the poor delivery men. 😊

Hope your husband gets his rucksack back Jane.

Thank you Rollypolly, I hope so too but I don't hold out much hope.  The thieves have no conscience or concern for their victims and don't give a toss about how upsetting it is, not to mention the cost and inconvenience of having to replace his driving licence and CPC card and the cost's we've incurred in having to go out today and buy expensive additional security devices as they have our address and the keys to our car!  Once again, thank you for your concern.

18 minutes ago, Jane Hewitt said:

Thank you Rollypolly, I hope so too but I don't hold out much hope.  The thieves have no conscience or concern for their victims and don't give a toss about how upsetting it is, not to mention the cost and inconvenience of having to replace his driving licence and CPC card and the cost's we've incurred in having to go out today and buy expensive additional security devices as they have our address and the keys to our car!  Once again, thank you for your concern.

Slightly off topic. You can have the stolen car keys made redundant if you have not already done so 

1 hour ago, rudds1 said:

Slightly off topic. You can have the stolen car keys made redundant if you have not already done so 

Rudds1, I didn't realise you could do that but I Googled it and I've actually just this minute arranged that!  Thank you though 🙂