Free Books

Due to lack of space I have a few dozen books to dispose of and would welcome advice on how to do so.  I would be glad to hear from any local library, other organisation or individual who would be willing to collect and use them as I am reluctant simply to recycle the paper.  Most are hardback and include political and other biographies (Thatcher, Blair, Blunkett; Michael Parkinson, Stephen Fry, Alan Bennett et al), fiction (classics, detective stories, etc) and books of general interest. Replies on this forum or PM acceptable.

Sheffield Libraries do accept books - if they are not needed for their stock, they would put them on their FOR SALE shelves and us the money to buy new books. 

I am sure you will get other suggestions too such as local charity shops. 

4 hours ago, CLECKHECK said:

Due to lack of space I have a few dozen books to dispose of and would welcome advice on how to do so.  I would be glad to hear from any local library, other organisation or individual who would be willing to collect and use them as I am reluctant simply to recycle the paper.  Most are hardback and include political and other biographies (Thatcher, Blair, Blunkett; Michael Parkinson, Stephen Fry, Alan Bennett et al), fiction (classics, detective stories, etc) and books of general interest. Replies on this forum or PM acceptable.

Are you not able to take them to a charity shop?

They would be appreciated by Greenhill Library if that location is convenient for you !

5 hours ago, CLECKHECK said:

1 minute ago, CLECKHECK said:

Unfortunately I am housebound but would be glad to give them to a public library if they could collect

Or ask SCCCC's if they could do it - they seem to be able to do most things!

Thanks for replies.  I'm glad to say that a public library is taking the books and has arranged to collect them.

Edited by CLECKHECK