Penistone Road Retail Development

Any body know what these signs are supposed to be telling us:

https://planningapps.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/files/CEFB6AD7E0B6DF17CF62CFE47B87EB40/pdf/19_00037_FUL-ADDITIONAL_SITE_NOTICES-1398439.pdf

The planning app is way past its end date but yet no decision has been divulged, we just now have these daft posters.( the ones on the lampost not me- i am  often considered daft but the ones on the lampost is what i mean)

51 minutes ago, Arthur Ritus said:

Any body know what these signs are supposed to be telling us:

https://planningapps.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/files/CEFB6AD7E0B6DF17CF62CFE47B87EB40/pdf/19_00037_FUL-ADDITIONAL_SITE_NOTICES-1398439.pdf

The planning app is way past its end date but yet no decision has been divulged, we just now have these daft posters.( the ones on the lampost not me- i am  often considered daft but the ones on the lampost is what i mean)

The link just says "Document Unavailable".

Sorry linking not going well, I too a daft poster it seems.

Try this open pdf doc 18/9/2019

https://planningapps.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=PKYV3ONYMDJ00

The phrase "The development does not accord with the provisions of the development plan" is the only bit that seems to be making a statement what ever that is, otherwise it tells you to go to the planning portal page above where you click the link which shows you the picture that tells you to go to the planning portal page above where you click the link which shows......  I seem to be stuck in an endless loop and now need a reboating.

What is the purpose of this notice??? 

Edited by Arthur Ritus
daft poster

A food supermarket?  There's a need for that?

On 20/09/2019 at 22:31, Hopman said:

A food supermarket?  There's a need for that?

Who do they envision actually taking up the lease?

You've got pretty much everyone within spitting distance already, I don't think there's anyone left to approach.

Food outlets, a smaller supermarket and other outlets too..... surely on a match day at Hillsborough you'll not be able to get in or out of this area,,,,, and as for the poor residents on that stretch of road.

Reading the other comments and it doesn't appear to be popular even Yorkshire Water comment about a large water main being an issue with this development.....

If this goes through planning then the council are taking back handers for certain.

Edited by darylslinn

3 hours ago, geared said:

Who do they envision actually taking up the lease?

You've got pretty much everyone within spitting distance already, I don't think there's anyone left to approach.

Aldi is mentioned in the report. 

Also, interesting to see Fox Valley have objected 

The"poor residents" welcome this rat infested  dog poo riddled fly dump waste of space being developed - at least cleaned up.

The obvious to even the most thick of us is to clear all the brush (upset a few pretend  ecologist), evict roland the coypu and family, cover over the old goyt, and make a nice car park co funded by SWFC - a take it or shut down the ground offer ( would need some local administration - elected or being paid to turn up and can't be sacked for doing nothing - with some ability in the field they are getting paid for which we are definitely not seeing at the moment), and make a park and ride and football parking  as and when.  And that's from someone who would love to see the ground go but with a "live and let live- if logical" reasoning.

When or if, we we ever get any administration of this country with any competence and the old victoria line is opened as a light railway the car park would be ideally positioned for the electric cars to be parked and recharged whilst the occupants stroll up to the new station at wadsley bridge and catch a nice electrically propelled air conditioned train in excellent comfort to wherever, no further deforestation required but a new cycle path perhaps. 

Now look what you have done you've set me off again......

Whilst still unclear what the notices are supposed to be telling us which we really wanted to know, and sending us in a mad endless loop to oblivion, there has now been a notice on the planning portal that the decision has been deferred yet again to the 29th november,- G.B. administration at its best not quite upto brexit incompetence but getting there.   .😣.   .😥.   .😣.

Edited by Arthur Ritus

1 hour ago, Blue Day said:

as they did with Sainsburys

16 hours ago, Blue Day said:

Aldi is mentioned in the report. 

Odd one that, I know they're aggressively expanding but they've already got a store which is a short 5 minute drive away.

Hopefully the development will require the installation of a set of traffic lights. There isnt enough along that stretch..

Could just sack off the Penistone road entrance all together, there's one on Herries road afterall.