New Bar To Open In Crookesmoor

Going past on the bus tonight I noticed that the old convenience store next to Sainsburys is now advertising itself as Berlin Bar (or something like that). Still a work in progress but they've got the signage up.

Guest makapaka

Cool.

This place opened today. They have a facebook site with photos. All bare wood, table football, carling on tap and a big screen TV.

Not sure it's quite my "bag"...will probably leave it to the students 😉

Just had a look.  Potentially interesting given the location, the mock graffiti sign outside which conjures up images of all the scuzzy bars in Neukolln district in Berlin, but seems to be disappointingly bland and uninspired looking inside.

Vintage filament light bulbs - check
lazy print symbol decor - check

Can't determine for definite but there seems to be no cask beer and what is on the taps looks distinctly uninteresting too. 

Hopefully it will gain some character with age (if it doesn't go out of business during the first year)

(sorry for all the negativity, but when you've seen so many....)

Guest makapaka
5 hours ago, jackanderton said:

Just had a look.  Potentially interesting given the location, the mock graffiti sign outside which conjures up images of all the scuzzy bars in Neukolln district in Berlin, but seems to be disappointingly bland and uninspired looking inside.

Vintage filament light bulbs - check
lazy print symbol decor - check

Can't determine for definite but there seems to be no cask beer and what is on the taps looks distinctly uninteresting too. 

Hopefully it will gain some character with age (if it doesn't go out of business during the first year)

(sorry for all the negativity, but when you've seen so many....)

Never gone in but immediately pans it on social media.

On 01/11/2019 at 17:40, taxman said:

This place opened today. They have a facebook site with photos. All bare wood, table football, carling on tap and a big screen TV.

Not sure it's quite my "bag"...will probably leave it to the students 😉

Anything else apart from the fizzy dish water that is Carling ?

1 hour ago, iamwoody said:

Anything else apart from the fizzy dish water that is Carling ?

can see two other taps in the photo, but I would not be hopeful from somewhere that thinks Carling is worth selling.

5 hours ago, nightrider said:

can see two other taps in the photo, but I would not be hopeful from somewhere that thinks Carling is worth selling.

Always good to see beer snobbery alive and kicking.

Guest makapaka

I’ve been in. 

It needs a bit more in it for me - very sparse decor - I know that’s partly the theme but it too cold an “echoey” - maybe they’ve just tried to get it open and will add to it.

has a pool table and projector screen and music is good.

now *takes deep breath* I have to say I was a bit disappointed with the beer offering in that there isn’t one - it’s pretty much lager and cider on draught - needs a beer and Guinness pump at least. 

really hope it works as that area could stand another bar easy - was amazed the hadfield wasnt taken on by someone with a plan before Sainsbury’s commandeered it.

Not keen on the liquid offerings myself by the sounds of it , do you think they'd mind if i popped next door to  sainsbury's and brought my own in ????