Everton V Blades

Funny old game..... 17 chances last week, and lose..

Not one shot on goal first half and win....A great result none the less.

1 hour ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Enjoy your pint Jim. Watford let me down for the double. 😉

If it hadn't been for Big Dave's last minute goal, I'd choke on it. As for Watford, you probably could have got the same odds for 8-0.

As much as this pains me to say but well done to united

I think I need to lay down, I feel light headed

36 minutes ago, Padders said:

Funny old game..... 17 chances last week, and lose..

Not one shot on goal first half and win....A great result none the less.

My thoughts exactly Padders.How can that be as you say 17 chances last week and lose 1.0. two chances this week away to Everton and win 2.0.We played ten times better last week and got now't.Today we did a job on Everton we soaked up the pressure like blotting paper but they never really threatened our goal.Henderson did not have a lot to do and Egan and Basham were brill today they really shackled their strikers and to think Bash was playing in the third tier not long ago .Wilder said it was possibly our worst performance of the season and look what happened.Who said it's a funny old game?

Just been catching up on the comments posted by Everton fans on the the BBC football website.  They're dreading next week.  They will be losing to Man City.  Already calling for Silva's head. 

Apparently they've spent over £450 million in the past 3 seasons. 

Well done Blades. 

7 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Just been catching up on the comments posted by Everton fans on the the BBC football website.  They're dreading next week.  They will be losing to Man City.  Already calling for Silva's head. 

Apparently they've spent over £450 million in the past 3 seasons. 

Well done Blades. 

Well we got so much slagging from the experts at the start of the season most teams in the prem think we are there for the taking and they get a shock.I do not mind being a under dog and our presence in the top flight being ridiculed it helps us because nearly all the players that Wilder signs have a chip on their shoulders and have a point to make.The more they slag us off the better it winds our players up.I am a realist and know there will be some bad results now and again because the prem is such a unlevel beast regarding finance but we will hold our own I am sure.

46 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

All Blades aren't we ? 😀

Up the Blades.

Edited by Mister Gee

6 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Not quite as prolific as the scoreline might suggest, but never the less we deserved every one of those points.

I know a few people have comments on how it takes us a while to start attacking opponents, for instance the Chelsea game in which it was a game of two halves. But we are doing everything right in our tentative approach towards premier league football, after all this is the best league in the world, with some of the best players. 

It all starts at the back and we are getting it right for the majority. We have to steady the ship and if this means weathering the early storm the so be it, we have to be extremely disciplined and kick on from there.

Everton tested us on a few occasions today but we weathered the storm and held our own, once again showing that "dogged togetherness" that you expect from Chris Wilder's blades. We battled for one and other and threw bodies on the line, you can't ask for much more really. 

We played some good football at times, with some really neat passing moves taking us into the final third of the pitch. As the second half went on, we weather a bit of Everton possession and played a little bit more directly. 

However this paid of eventually. 

A tidy ball down the flank was tucked away at the angle by The Moose himself. A tidy little finished through Pickford's legs left me in split minds, obviously over the moon about the confirmation of three points, however; at the same time, I don't want to see England's number one getting beat through his legs like that. 

All in all, I would like to think that it was a case of a gameplan being executed perfectly.

Full value for all three points. The are the games that we have to be looking at smash and grab something from, with the big boys around the corner waiting for give us a mullering. A huge 3 points towards the season aim of survival!!!" Get in!! UTB!!

I honestly don't think we'll get mullered by anybody

Youve got to hand it to Wilder,hes gone their with a plan and its worked a treat,they bottled everton up and they had no answers,it wasnt subtle,but it was effective and thats all the matters in a results based game,you snuff out the threat and make them do what you want them to do

What has Wilder done to Mousset he looks tremoundos I along with lots more fans including Bournemouth fans thought Wilder was mad paying 10mill for him some on the south coast saying they will drive him up to South Yorkshire them selves to make sure he signs.Well it looks like Wilder has done it again picking up a diamond that no one wanted .Just how he finds them is a mystery he must sprinkle magic dust on them .He has only scored 4 goals in 63 matches for the south coast side but has 2 (i am giving him the Chelsea goal)for the blades playing about 45 mins and looks so dangerous and so quick.I will never question Wilders decisions again but I would like someone to explain how he managers it when other managers would not touch some of his signings with a barge pole.

Love your honesty Mr Wilder telling it how it is .Have you ever thought about going into politics?😀