Best Sausage Sandwich

Where in Sheffield can get a really good sausage sarnie, proper tasty sausages none of your mass produced catering things.

Try the Brunch n Lunch on Matilda Street, just off the Moor. All their food is delicious. 

Sandwich Division on Division Street

Waitrose cafe.  

They do a very good herby sausage, a bit like Cumberland, but it's not coiled up.  They serve them on white or brown ciabatta rolls.  Really nice.  So nice in fact that I asked them what brand of sausages they are, because I was ready to go and buy some.  However, they tell me they don't sell them in store.  It's some that they have specially made for them.  

I buy my sausages from the Real Meat company at Banner Cross.  They are excellent - high meat content, no fatty bits or gristle in them, and made from organic meat.  They do quite a big selection as well.  My favourite is probably tomato, but they have some zingy Ginger, Chilli and Coriander ones too, which are very good.  And many others, such as pork and leek, garlic and herb, honey and mustard, Lincolnshire, Cumberland, Italian, Venison.  After eating sausages of this quality I'm not usually impressed by the sausages served up in most cafes, but the Waitrose ones are an exception.

Edited by DerbyTup

5 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

Waitrose cafe.  

They do a very good herby sausage, a bit like Cumberland, but it's not coiled up.  They serve them on white or brown ciabatta rolls.  Really nice.  So nice in fact that I asked them what brand of sausages they are, because I was ready to go and buy some.  However, they tell me they don't sell them in store.  It's some that they have specially made for them.  

I buy my sausages from the Real Meat company at Banner Cross.  They are excellent - high meat content, no fatty bits or gristle in them, and made from organic meat.  They do quite a big selection as well.  My favourite is probably tomato, but they have some zingy Ginger, Chilli and Coriander ones too, which are very good.  And many others, such as pork and leek, garlic and herb, honey and mustard, Lincolnshire, Cumberland, Italian, Venison.  After eating sausages of this quality I'm not usually impressed by the sausages served up in most cafes, but the Waitrose ones are an exception.

I pass Waitrose quite a lot and will give it a try.

I also like the sound of the sausages at Real Meats, my favourite  ever ones were bought from Muffs at Bromborough when I was working over there, they did a black pepper sausage which was excellent, I used to by a batch and freeze them, sadly not been over that way for years.

6 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

I'm not usually impressed by the sausages served up in most cafes, but the Waitrose ones are an exception.

To be fair, the sausages served up in most cafès are catering sausages with less than 40% meat. The majority of Waitrose customers will eat in restaurants rather than cafès  or cook ‘best of’ sausages at home so of course the sausages served in a Waitrose cafè will not be below a certain standard.

Guest makapaka
48 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

To be fair, the sausages served up in most cafès are catering sausages with less than 40% meat. The majority of Waitrose customers will eat in restaurants rather than cafès  or cook ‘best of’ sausages at home so of course the sausages served in a Waitrose cafè will not be below a certain standard.

I never knew the majority of cafes served sub standard sausages - or that Waitrose customers didn’t eat in cafes only restaurants -have you done a bit of research  on this?

Edited by makapaka

1 minute ago, makapaka said:

I never knew the majority of cafes served sub standard sausages - or that Waitrose customers didn’t eat in cafes only restaurants -have you done a bit of research  on this?

A lifetime’s research.

And cafés don’t served substandard sausages, they serve sausages which are the equivalent of most supermarkets’ value range which are OK but nothing to write home about.

And remind me where I said that Waitrose customers only eat in restaurants? 

47 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

A lifetime’s research.

And cafés don’t served substandard sausages, they serve sausages which are the equivalent of most supermarkets’ value range which are OK but nothing to write home about.

And remind me where I said that Waitrose customers only eat in restaurants? 

Raise your peepers about 45 degrees and it's right there old chap.👆

Edited by Ontarian1981

14 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Edited by kevvy

14 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I know the exact sausages your taking about, they are usually served at breakfast in lower end B&B's and hotels as well, a mid brown colour and fairly tasteless.

Edited by Brooker11