Parking Near Sheffield Children's Hospital

Hi there

i am starting my new job and I have my induction for 2 days at Sheffield children’s hospital does anyone know how long you can park on the side streets for and how much it costs I was thinking Northumberland road or roundabout any other recommendation for places to park are welcome too

thanks in advance 

The bottom end of Mushroom Lane has free parking but you need to get there early to grab it.

54 minutes ago, Kirsty_1988 said:

Hi there

i am starting my new job and I have my induction for 2 days at Sheffield children’s hospital does anyone know how long you can park on the side streets for and how much it costs I was thinking Northumberland road or roundabout any other recommendation for places to park are welcome too

thanks in advance 

There is no all day street parking available anywhere near. It will be getting on for a mile before you are out of the restricted parking zone.

If there is nobody is going to tell you of their "secret spot".

With the schools back and Th  University is about to start there are far too many drivers wandering about trying to find non-existent spaces.

Also to facilitate more disabled spaces some of the few parking  spaces are being removed from general use.

Try the Q-Park on Durham Road opposite the hospital entrance.

Until you are more familiar with area the I suggest parking at one of the Park and Rides and catching the blue/yellow supertram to the University stop and a 5 minute walk.

Park on the 52 bus route in Crookes (walk down hill there, bus back @ £2 00).

Good luck with the new job.

Sorry but as the others have said unless you get there as the night shift are leaving parking spaces are few and far between. Where are you living ,anyway on the little white bus route ? 

Good luck in your new job.

There are meterered spaces . around Northumberland Road but these are either max 2 or 4 hours parking and in high demand. As others have said, the Q Park on Durham Road (not cheap, but close), or parking in Crookes and walking or getting the 52 bus are your best options.

Hi i have a thread running about parking on northumberland road near childrens hospital. 

I am afraid there i no parking anywere in this area on the road . Even blue badge holders find it impossible to park as sheff council have a policy no cars to go in to town use the buses  thats what 

they are there for . They then wonder why people go to meadowhall instead so look for another job or use tram and park out of town /  Next step is a toll for going in to town looking at 5 pounds a day rumered so look out you parkway users diesel users first in line. / Next time you vote think about it 

As others have said dont even think about trying to park anywhere other than Q Park or Hallamshire Hosp multi storey.  Park in Crookes or Crosspool and get bus. Crookes prob best as 52's are very frequent.

1 hour ago, spider1 said:

Even blue badge holders find it impossible to park 

I rather doubt that. 

Blue badge holders can park on any council controlled pay an display space, as well as on any single or double yellow line where a loading restriction is not in force.

I visited that area yesterday and my friend, who is a blue badge holder, found parking in several places near the Hallamshire.

Regarding your issue on Northumberland Rd, you've been told why that particular stretch is now restricted for blue badge holders, because of safety concerns about drivers parking half on the footway and that large vehicles could not get past the  vehicles perked by blue badge holders. 

Of course badge holders can also park in the two multi storey car parks in that area.

So, I think describing finding a space as "impossible" is more than a bit of an exaggeration.

sheff council have a policy no cars to go in to town 

Hardly a credible statement when there are approximately 10,000 car parking spaces within the city centre.

Next step is a toll for going in to town looking at 5 pounds a day rumered so look out you parkway users diesel users first in line. / Next time you vote think about it 

If you're referring to the Clean Air Zone, all the major cities are being mandated by the government to introduce them.  That's because the government are being threatened with huge fines from the courts if they don't. Do you think any other political party is going to be able to change that?

2 hours ago, spider1 said:

Even blue badge holders find it impossible to park

Yeah right.  Almost wherever you go in Sheffield, there are rows of disabled spaces. Empty. Being wasted. Whilst everyone else drives around wasting fuel for miles, looking for a space where they are actually allowed to park.

Think Sheffield must have a disproportionately high number of disabled drivers. Well....at least on paper!

If you have to drive and don't want any hassle driving round looking for on street parking then use the  Q park . Its literally opposite the children's hospital  and has nearly 600 spaces . 

17 hours ago, arrowhead said:

Yeah right.  Almost wherever you go in Sheffield, there are rows of disabled spaces. Empty. Being wasted. Whilst everyone else drives around wasting fuel for miles, looking for a space where they are actually allowed to park.

Think Sheffield must have a disproportionately high number of disabled drivers. Well....at least on paper!

Your need seems to be to park in one place, drive around avoiding the 10 000  spaces available, do your business and go home.

A disabled user may need to use several spaces to complete their business.

You have a choice of alternatives, the disabled person may not.