Travellers Site At Club Mill Road

5 minutes ago, carosio said:

Do they receive state benefits, possibly?

I think it's quite unlikely.

That's what I was thinking, but funds have to be had from somewhere if they use cash (or card).

Perhaps it's none of our business?

Edited by carosio

11 minutes ago, carosio said:

That's what I was thinking, but funds have to be had from somewhere if they use cash (or card).

Perhaps it's none of our business?

Perhaps it isn't. 

1 hour ago, FinBak said:

If you go back far enough your OWN Family will have done a similar thing.

Contrary to popular belief...Human's were not meant to be couped up in little boxes called 'Houses'.!

are you having a laugh?? how far back are you going? this is the 21st century.

man has always had a dwelling, cave or house, but now things are regulated and these people are sponging off civilised society, of course they accept benefits how else do they live? but they also wreck someone elses property and expect the owner to pick up the bill!!

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

I think it's quite unlikely.

its highly likely they get benefits and dla etc etc i wouldn't be surprised if they dont get carers allowance for each other?

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

Resilient, capable people, doing the best they can. Often maligned by ignorant and bigoted folk who should know better.

rubbish they are spongers who use other peoples legitimate land and property!

3 hours ago, christmas said:

They seem to have moved into club mill road now, near the cemetery. 

They’ve been there for at least a couple of months now. 

The site is spread out along the road and seems fairly tidy although no doubt the usual Sun/Daily Mail readers will be whining on about mess and them all being benefit scroungers.

They don’t seem to be bothering anyone so good luck to them! 👍

1 hour ago, Borista336 said:

are you having a laugh?? how far back are you going? this is the 21st century.

man has always had a dwelling, cave or house, but now things are regulated and these people are sponging off civilised society, of course they accept benefits how else do they live? but they also wreck someone elses property and expect the owner to pick up the bill!!

its highly likely they get benefits and dla etc etc i wouldn't be surprised if they dont get carers allowance for each other?

rubbish they are spongers who use other peoples legitimate land and property!

Fair enough.

Just hope that YOU are in a position better than there's ...and that you can live happily ever after.

You won't. Trust ME...You won't.

33 minutes ago, FinBak said:

Fair enough.

Just hope that YOU are in a position better than there's ...and that you can live happily ever after.

Yes lets all live the hippy life, stop paying our way and see how it ends up, very badly of course. 

11 hours ago, FinBak said:

Fair enough.

Trust Me !!do you know why i will?? because i take responsibility for myself and my family and dont expect the world or government to pay or support me i get off my backside and make things happen and contribute to society, unlike these wasters or as Sheffields magid magid said "wasteman"

The traveller folk from the Sky Village kept their area much cleaner than the rest of the site, it's a pity they got booted out.

I'm sure they'll look after the area they've now moved to just as well.

8 hours ago, Borista336 said:

Trust Me !!do you know why i will?? because i take responsibility for myself and my family and dont expect the world or government to pay or support me i get off my backside and make things happen and contribute to society, unlike these wasters or as Sheffields magid magid said "wasteman"

You're very good at condemning people you've never met and aren't likely to. Congratulations.

You used an upper case M in 'Me' and lower case m for Magid Magid - very interesting. Are you a fan of the semi-literate racist liar Mr Trump by any chance?

If you cannot remain civil I will be more than happy to dish out suspensions. 

14 hours ago, Halibut said:

You're very good at condemning people you've never met and aren't likely to. Congratulations.

You used an upper case M in 'Me' and lower case m for Magid Magid - very interesting. Are you a fan of the semi-literate racist liar Mr Trump by any chance?

its hardly condemning them its making observations of them and people like that.

i may or may not be a fan of Mr Trump, quite what that has to do with travellers i dont know.

maybe if they lived off grid properly i might have more sympathy.