Sign in to follow this  

Mr & Mrs Organ Newsagent/Tobacconist Shop 1950 Sheffield

Hi

I am trying to trace a cousin on behalf of my elderly mother, Thelma Twohig need Phipps, born Cheltenham 1937.

Her cousin Pauline Organ was originally from Cheltenham born 1941 who we beleive married Alex H Wheelhouse and moved to Sheffield to run a newsagent/tobacconist shop.  Pauline's mother was Pheobe Gardiner who died in Sheffield 1966 and is buried in Bouncers Lane Cemetry in Cheltenham.  The family address in Cheltenham was 38 Granville Street.

Any information would be much appreciated

Hi Mary,

There is a marriage in the fourth quarter of 1965 in Sheffield between Alec H. Wheelhouse and Pauline Organ.

There are then two birth registrations:

James Alec Wheelhouse, quarter four 1975, Sheffield.  Mothers maiden name Organ.

Timothy Mark Wheelhouse, quarter four 1980, Sheffield.  Mothers maiden name Organ.

UK Electoral Rolls, 2002 to 2019.

25 Denham Road, Sheffield, S11 8NE.

Pauline Wheelhouse,  65+  ( ages on the rolls are not exact).

Other occupants:  Alec Wheelhouse, James Wheelhouse and Timothy Wheelhouse.

Occupancy:  30 years.

Moira.

HI Moira

Thank you so much for this information, I will make contact with this family in the hope that they are the missing link to my mother's family.

Mary

HI

If anyone else knows this family please would you be kind enough to pass on this request.

thank you

Mary

Hi

Does anyone remember a newsagent/tobacconist shop in Sheffield area during the 1950/1960s run by a Mr & Mrs Organ?

thanks

Mary