Jump to content
We’re excited to announce the forum is under new management! Details to follow.

Sheffield Wed V Fulham

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I couldn't believe my eyes on Saturday. Fulham scored and the whole team went to the dugouts, got out the table and chairs, set out the cutlery, dished out the Champagne glasses, gathered round and raised a toast, had a celebratory chin wag, and went back for a second glass. THE REFEREE DID NOTHING!! Fulham's attitude was shocking, and the Referee was ten times worse. I suffered the whole game. It was pretty poor.  LOVED Nuhiu's goal .........absolute Nectar and poked Fulham in the eye good style.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:.  Your an absolute star Hots.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not exaggerating Padders. The celebration took one minute, the stroll back to the half way line (The Dugout) took a further two minutes, the drinks bottle distribution took another minute, the second drink distribution took another minute, and if it wasn't for Lee Bullen grabbing a bottle and throwing it 30 yards towards the Kop, they'd still be having their (unofficial) drinks break today. It was unbelievable.

 

Odubajo scared me to death with some of his 'tackles'. I thought Reach was very poor (it's not his best role supporting the front man). We were far too tippy tappy in midfield (again). Borner (pronounced Burner) was terrific. I reckon he's better than Hector. In fact, I KNOW he's better than Hector. How he's spent his time in the German second tier is beyond me. He's got everything. He'd slot in to midfield easily, should he be needed.

Fletcher was outnumbered up top, and the Midfield, on the whole, were ineffective. Maybe that's why we played Hoofball (again) 'cos Monk knew their Midfield was far too good for ours.

If our Midfield started to play like we know they can do, we'd have given them a lot better game than we did.

We deserved nothing, but got a point.

Fulham were much the better side, but they too deserved nothing, as their antics were unbelievable.

Have a good day!

Oh! and Westwood should easily have caught the very weak 'cross' that made their goal. He could have caught it behind his back with Boxing gloves on!!

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I'm not exaggerating Padders. The celebration took one minute, the stroll back to the half way line (The Dugout) took a further two minutes, the drinks bottle distribution took another minute, the second drink distribution took another minute, and if it wasn't for Lee Bullen grabbing a bottle and throwing it 30 yards towards the Kop, they'd still be having their (unofficial) drinks break today. It was unbelievable.

 

Odubajo scared me to death with some of his 'tackles'. I thought Reach was very poor (it's not his best role supporting the front man). We were far too tippy tappy in midfield (again). Borner (pronounced Burner) was terrific. I reckon he's better than Hector. In fact, I KNOW he's better than Hector. How he's spent his time in the German second tier is beyond me. He's got everything. He'd slot in to midfield easily, should he be needed.

Fletcher was outnumbered up top, and the Midfield, on the whole, were ineffective. Maybe that's why we played Hoofball (again) 'cos Monk knew their Midfield was far too good for ours.

If our Midfield started to play like we know they can do, we'd have given them a lot better game than we did.

We deserved nothing, but got a point.

Fulham were much the better side, but they too deserved nothing, as their antics were unbelievable.

Have a good day!

Oh! and Westwood should easily have caught the very weak 'cross' that made their goal. He could have caught it behind his back with Boxing gloves on!!

What do you expect they have just come out of the prem .Wilder calls it the dark art of football.As I have said many times they will be full of actors divers and cheats con men typical prem tactics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

What do you expect they have just come out of the prem .Wilder calls it the dark art of football.As I have said many times they will be full of actors divers and cheats con men typical prem tactics.

Another reason I don't like the Prem and a reason why SUFC will win friends for not resorting to it (although McBurnie goes to ground a little too easily at times).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

What do you expect they have just come out of the prem .Wilder calls it the dark art of football.As I have said many times they will be full of actors divers and cheats con men typical prem tactics.

As I"ve said before Chas, I entirely agree with you.... I know its not a level playing field..

But I have to say I love watching football, the football Man City and Liverpool are playing is absolutely awesome, yep they have spent billions and its not fair, but by golly, I have been watching footie many years, and some of the moves and touches are unbelievable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Padders said:

As I"ve said before Chas, I entirely agree with you.... I know its not a level playing field..

But I have to say I love watching football, the football Man City and Liverpool are playing is absolutely awesome, yep they have spent billions and its not fair, but by golly, I have been watching footie many years, and some of the moves and touches are unbelievable.

Is that because they are that good or that the opposition cannot compete?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Is that because they are that good or that the opposition cannot compete?

The opposition just can"t compete Brooksie, as in most sports, if you are not good enough you resort to dirty tactics, stop the other team playing and hope for a fluke result.. That's the problem with the Prem, win at all costs. EG. If Blades turn up on Saturday and play football, they will get hammered, if they cheat, play dirty, con the ref, they might get a result.. and that's the problem..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Padders said:

The opposition just can"t compete Brooksie, as in most sports, if you are not good enough you resort to dirty tactics, stop the other team playing and hope for a fluke result.. That's the problem with the Prem, win at all costs. EG. If Blades turn up on Saturday and play football, they will get hammered, if they cheat, play dirty, con the ref, they might get a result.. and that's the problem..

To be honest mate I'm an Owl through and through but I don't think for one minute United will resort to that nor do I think they'll get hammered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Padders said:

The opposition just can"t compete Brooksie, as in most sports, if you are not good enough you resort to dirty tactics, stop the other team playing and hope for a fluke result.. That's the problem with the Prem, win at all costs. EG. If Blades turn up on Saturday and play football, they will get hammered, if they cheat, play dirty, con the ref, they might get a result.. and that's the problem..

Well they will get hammered then according to you.Can not see Wilder allowing them to use those tricks.There is a difference between cheating and playing dirty or using tactics to bottle up their attackers like we did on Saturday at Everton.I am a realist and know we can not match them they are possibly along with Man City the best teams in Europe on the other hand we have only just been promoted plus the financial positions of the clubs are miles and miles apart Wilders plan work a treat on Saturday but Liverpool are much more of a problem I will be happy in fact very happy with a point but I know to get that point we will get it by hard graft and football tactics NOT resorting to dirty tricks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

Well they will get hammered then according to you.Can not see Wilder allowing them to use those tricks.There is a difference between cheating and playing dirty or using tactics to bottle up their attackers like we did on Saturday at Everton.I am a realist and know we can not match them they are possibly along with Man City the best teams in Europe on the other hand we have only just been promoted plus the financial positions of the clubs are miles and miles apart Wilders plan work a treat on Saturday but Liverpool are much more of a problem I will be happy in fact very happy with a point but I know to get that point we will get it by hard graft and football tactics NOT resorting to dirty tricks.

Liverpool are one of the finest counter attacking sides in Europe,  they could slaughter us with their pace, but at the start of the season most teams in the premiership accept that to lose to City or Liverpool is no disgrace, lets hope they go gentle on us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.