Abdul Qadir Dead

One of the most enigmatic and unplayable bowlers ever. Died of a heart attack aged 63. He went on to spawn the likes of Shane Warne...which might not seem a good thing at first glance, but it was wonderful to see such devastaing technique.

I remember watching cricket on the telly (for free!) when qadir was bowling and the batsman didn't have much of clue - even as a kid I knew he didn't have a clue.  Benaud was commentating - and as per - wasn't saying much but at the end of the over said "it's always a pleasure watching a craftsman at work". One of my earliest memories of cricket. 

Sad news.

I remember Qadir,he took 10 wickets at the oval,around 87 ish,to secure a series win for Pakistan,he was the difference,hard to score off.

If Im not mistaken we toured Pakistan the following winter and he took around 30 wickets for very few runs,went for about 1.25 an over in one game Lahore?

Respect sad loss to cricket

10 hours ago, staninoodle said:

If Im not mistaken we toured Pakistan the following winter ..

what Team did you play for ?

16 hours ago, taxman said:

One of the most enigmatic and unplayable bowlers ever. Died of a heart attack aged 63. He went on to spawn the likes of Shane Warne...which might not seem a good thing at first glance, but it was wonderful to see such devastaing technique.

Yes one of the best if not the best ever not to sure about your comments on shayne warne another great we should all admire., We had ian botham one of my favourites i remember when we played the australians think it was in melbourne  they were making there mouth as usual and he went over offered to take them all outside soon shut them up not the best cricketer but a great team man and leader now a great commentator as well . Lets remember all the greats in every sport and if youre lucky enough to see one you will never forget // Muhamed ali for me for me tops the list as

unforgetable and yes i was lucky to see him brilliant.

Will we do it with Joshia hope so 

Edited by spider1

2 hours ago, muddycoffee said:

what Team did you play for ?

Camblesforth then Selby

12 hours ago, spider1 said:

Yes one of the best if not the best ever not to sure about your comments on shayne warne another great we should all admire., We had ian botham one of my favourites i remember when we played the australians think it was in melbourne  they were making there mouth as usual and he went over offered to take them all outside soon shut them up not the best cricketer but a great team man and leader now a great commentator as well . Lets remember all the greats in every sport and if youre lucky enough to see one you will never forget // Muhamed ali for me for me tops the list as

unforgetable and yes i was lucky to see him brilliant.

Will we do it with Joshia hope so 

Hiya. The Shane Warne comment was alluding to the fact that if it hadn't been for Abdul Qadir England might not have been so embarrassed by Warney.

Even as an Englishman I loved seeing Warne utterly bamboozle Gatting , Lamb & Co. it was as if he'd arrived from a different planet.

10 hours ago, taxman said:

Hiya. The Shane Warne comment was alluding to the fact that if it hadn't been for Abdul Qadir England might not have been so embarrassed by Warney.

Even as an Englishman I loved seeing Warne utterly bamboozle Gatting , Lamb & Co. it was as if he'd arrived from a different planet.

Yes he was a bit of a nuisance a one of plus a great team player