Blades V Southampton

Poor result, awful finishing and again, an individual error cost us. 

We need to sort this out or it'll be a very long season. Thankfully, I think we will. 

Or Saints to Nick it it'll be a hard long slog.

2 hours ago, barry-333 said:

Beaten by a better organised team and VAR.   We are not getting the ball forward quickly enough.. 

We need a leader on the pitch that knows how to shout. Its going to be a long slog now to grind out some points in the run up to Xmas

UTB

I know how to shout and as an added bonus I'm also someone who can put his foot on the ball. Would I get the gig? Can't do much else.  :)

Saw a bit of the game inbetween watching the ashes,Mcgoldrick isnt Prem level,theyl need another striker in the next window.

Decent end to end game,thought a draw would have been a fair result

15 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

Saw a bit of the game inbetween watching the ashes,Mcgoldrick isnt Prem level,theyl need another striker in the next window.

Decent end to end game,thought a draw would have been a fair result

They did deserve a draw, that's for sure.Mind you,Sharp didn't do them any favours, getting himself sent of when they were battling like mad to get the equaliser.

On 12/09/2019 at 15:37, Brooker11 said:

Southampton are one of the teams that United really need to beat at home and they will.

3-1

😢

All the decisions were correct,good goal to win it and both missed chances,2 poor sides who will struggle.

Thought you'd have enough to beat these. Early days do defeats like this don't seem as bad but could be a result you regret come the end of season. Billy let you down with that challenge but I don't think he'll get you the goals you need along with mcgoldrick, maybe need to look for a proven premiership striker or just better quality in the window to give you a fighting chance. Early days yet though

Got to be  a lot more clinical in front of goal, we should have won that game 3 -1 .

Saints players get top marks for diving though, thought the ref had a shocker, how that handball in the box wasn't a penalty I will never know. 

3 hours ago, Grappler said:

Got to be  a lot more clinical in front of goal, we should have won that game 3 -1 .

Saints players get top marks for diving though, thought the ref had a shocker, how that handball in the box wasn't a penalty I will never know. 

Typical prem game loads of diving and shocking ref.Now I am not blaming the ref for the result it was our pathetic finishing that let us down the display was good the finishing was dismal.We carved out 17 chances and did not score one.They had 5 and scored one.It was a decent display but we really missed the ex Preston guy.McGoldrick had his worst game in a blades shirt since he arrived in my mind.

As for VAR well I was a fan but it is only as good as the ref and the operator so if they make a blunder so the VAR makes a blunder so it achieves nothing .The ref or operator was quick to refer our goal to var and rightly it was disallowed now according to the new rules if the ball hits a defenders hand even accidentally it is a penalty .Now everyone saw it but not the ref so it was up to the operated to inform the ref of the penalty and what happened? They have replays and can watch it a dozen times if they wish but still nothing .Welcome to the prem.Yes this game really lived up to my expectations of the prem diving,actors.and dodgy refs.just what I expected.

1 hour ago, petcharlie said:

Typical prem game loads of diving and shocking ref.Now I am not blaming the ref for the result it was our pathetic finishing that let us down the display was good the finishing was dismal.We carved out 17 chances and did not score one.They had 5 and scored one.It was a decent display but we really missed the ex Preston guy.McGoldrick had his worst game in a blades shirt since he arrived in my mind.

As for VAR well I was a fan but it is only as good as the ref and the operator so if they make a blunder so the VAR makes a blunder so it achieves nothing .The ref or operator was quick to refer our goal to var and rightly it was disallowed now according to the new rules if the ball hits a defenders hand even accidentally it is a penalty .Now everyone saw it but not the ref so it was up to the operated to inform the ref of the penalty and what happened? They have replays and can watch it a dozen times if they wish but still nothing .Welcome to the prem.Yes this game really lived up to my expectations of the prem diving,actors.and dodgy refs.just what I expected.

Is that the rule? It definitely hit his arm, clear as day but he was looking away and was definitely accidental 

2 hours ago, redbig said:

Is that the rule? It definitely hit his arm, clear as day but he was looking away and was definitely accidental 

Think there was a rule change in the summer . It seems a bit unfair if the ball gets blasted at the defenders arm from a couple of yards away and it gets given as a pen.So technically even though the defender was looking away yesterday it should have been given.

Entertaining game but a handful of chances missed by McGoldrick and Fleck cost us big time.I reckon McBurnie would have put a couple of those away.He had 1 chance and buried it; just a pity that Egan was offside.VAR ....dont you just love it!