Jump to content

Blades V Southampton

Recommended Posts

Looking forward to the match on Saturday,  Time to start getting more goals at home and giving the subs some match time. We are getting more relaxed after all the hype we have had to put up with since getting promoted.  Lets show the Press and MOTD what we can do

UTB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Southampton are one of the teams that United really need to beat at home and they will.

 

3-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Southampton are one of the teams that United really need to beat at home and they will.

 

3-1

Agree, 3 points needed, especially with Everton & Liverpool being the next two up.   I'll be happy with 4 points from the 3 games.  Any more would be a bonus. 

I'll go 2-0 Blades. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game is winnable if United come out playing confident, attacking football from the start instead of putting in the sort of Jekyll and Hyde performance we've seen lately, where they're overly cautious in the first half then come out like lions in the second. I'd like to see us reverting to the old formation with Freeman in the Duffy role and Mousset coming on as our secret weapon for the last 20 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of niggles in the squad, along with a couple of players impressing, may well force the managers hand in regard to changes.

 

Besic and the Moose have both done themselves favours, big ollie has banged one in also so warrants a sniff.

 

Bramall Lane HAS to be where the survival points are mainly achieved, with whatever we can grab on the road.

 

If we go at the like we did second half against Chelsea, then Southampton will find themselves surprised. A sniff of blood and we can and will be relentless.

 

No fear from the unfashionable underdogs, making it a 3-1 home win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, despritdan said:

This game is winnable if United come out playing confident, attacking football from the start instead of putting in the sort of Jekyll and Hyde performance we've seen lately, where they're overly cautious in the first half then come out like lions in the second. I'd like to see us reverting to the old formation with Freeman in the Duffy role and Mousset coming on as our secret weapon for the last 20 minutes.

 

Just now, barry-333 said:

 

I agree with Freeman playing that role but Billy on the field for a third of the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Early 6 pointer and think United should Nick it 1-0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reckon Freeman in midfield & McBurnie with Robinson up front, need to go at saint right from the off, utb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expectations have been raised after recent performances 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too much pressure on united to win this game with Liverpool and Arsenal coming up

 

A nervous united will make too many mistakes 

 

United 1 - 5 Southampton 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/09/2019 at 15:58, Baron99 said:

Agree, 3 points needed, especially with Everton & Liverpool being the next two up.   I'll be happy with 4 points from the 3 games.  Any more would be a bonus. 

I'll go 2-0 Blades. 

They are all tough matches in this league but the Saints match is winnable .They are the type of team that we must beat at home to get the points we need to survive in the prem.We must start on the front foot .It will be interesting to see the line up after a couple of players have come back from internationals with injuries.I would like to see Morrison get a run out if only to see what he has to offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are teams you should be looking to get 3 points against, especially at home. Think you'll do it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.