Sign in to follow this  

Query About Ipad Update.

My iPad has always updated automatically after I have clicked on to give it permission. However it keeps leaving me a message saying “ You iPad cannot be updated because it was not connected to any power”  Does this mean that I have to keep it plugged in all the time .? “ I have done this but it still keeps leaving me this message . What does it mean ?

Edited by Ghozer

I thought it only said that when the power was below a certain level.

Try plugging it in and update it manually via the settings menu.

Settings>General>Software Update. 

1 minute ago, zach said:

Try plugging it in and update it manually via the settings menu.

Settings>General>Software Update. 

Thank you, I will try that.

Mine had the update on Tuesday but warned me that battery was below 50% so wouldn't continue.

I just plugged it in and next morning it was all charged and updated.

Try updating it using iTunes.

6 hours ago, pattricia said:

My iPad has always updated automatically after I have clicked on to give it permission. However it keeps leaving me a message saying “ You iPad cannot be updated because it was not connected to any power”  Does this mean that I have to keep it plugged in all the time .? “ I have done this but it still keeps leaving me this message . What does it mean ?

Not sure if this is relevant to your problem but if your device is an iPad 4 or older (like mine), it won't update beyond iOS 10.3.3

I’ve solved the problem ! The iPad kept telling me that it couldn’t put the update on because I wasn’t connected to any power. I kept charging my iPad up to fully charged ,then disconnecting it, and trying the update. This did not work, but what DID work was when I plugged the iPad in to power, and clicked on the update while it was still plugged in.! This is very strange and has never happened before. Wonder why it did this ?

Could it be that the battery is on it's way out?