Sheffield Railway Station

Anyidea what happen if stopped in the taxi drop off area? 

I can’t say for sure but given that cars are allowed to drop off then have to drive up to the roundabout/U-turn to go back down Cross Turner Street, I can’t see how a camera can determine what is a taxi and what is a car just turning around.

18 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I can’t say for sure but given that cars are allowed to drop off then have to drive up to the roundabout/U-turn to go back down Cross Turner Street, I can’t see how a camera can determine what is a taxi and what is a car just turning around.

Cameras have no trouble distinguishing between private cars and taxis in bus lanes as I have found out to my cost. :)

22 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Cameras have no trouble distinguishing between private cars and taxis in bus lanes as I have found out to my cost. :)

But we are not talking about a bus lane here, we are talking about a road that is open to both taxis and private cars with a taxi rank running parallel to it..

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

But we are not talking about a bus lane here, we are talking about a road that is open to both taxis and private cars with a taxi rank running parallel to it..

I take your point,  but for the camera to be of any use it would need to be CCTV, so perhaps it is.

I think bus lane cameras are operated by council . Don't know about station one and how it works. 

Unless they are proposing to ban private cars from Cross Turner Street it would be a complete waste of time and money to install a system to catch maybe one or two cars a day which drove through the taxi rank.

Still if anyone has idea please update here. Thanks

👍 if they are imposing penalty how many days it takes to come?